Skip to content

Discuss This Roger Lee Hayden signs for Pedercini Kawasaki in WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Roger Lee Hayden signs for Pedercini Kawasaki in WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Roger Lee Hayden signs for Pedercini Kawasaki in WSB

American Roger Lee Hayden will ride a Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R in the 2010 World Superbike championship. The 26 year old is the younger brother to former MotoGP champion Nicky Hayden and will now follow in his brothers footsteps and try and make his mark on the world stage. In 2009 Hayden raced in the Daytona Sportbike 600  class for the Monster...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 January 2010 12:33)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NW200reject

Nov 09

NW200reject says:

No hoper

This guy is living in dreamland if he thinks he will make any impression on WSB, he didn't exactly trouble Mladin or Spies & is now joining a non-factory team which runs the slowest make of bike,Kawaski & he has not seen the tracks before,I fear he will make the same startling impact as Jake Zemke.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Possibly...but...

You are correct in stating that Roger Lee is no Mladin or Spies - but who IS in superbike right now? Roger is very good on a 600 but certainly has had trouble with the liter bikes,  but don't count him out before giving him a chance. I think that after he gets some experience on the WSBK circus he will be at least a top 10 competitor. Next year he could be a top 5 competitor (if he stays healthy). There is no shame in being in the top 10 in WSBK is there?

I met his father once at Laguna Seca. Roger is of the Hayden clan which means he was blessed to have a wonderful mid-western "upbringing" from his dad and mom. Nicky, Tommy and Roger got their demeaner from their parents and represent them well. That is refreshing to see in this day and age.

Roger may not be a superstar (yet) but he is a good guy who loves racing and would race a motor-scooter if that was the only 2 wheeled vehicle available. He's probably not getting any real income from this ride but like his brothers he, "lives to race". For that he deserves and gets my respect.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

In at the deep end

I don't think he is saying he is going to make an impression and doubtlessly he won't in year one. He seems to be saying he is approaching it as a learning year and might pinch a result at his home round.  Which sounds about right to me.

But I am a big fan of the Hayden family as well and it is great to have him away from that fiasco series in the States! I followed his racing on On The Throttle TV last year and he has his brother's talent for sure. Hopefully he won't be demoralised by the WSB cauldron in year one. 

Reply to this Topic
yukonjr

Jan 10

yukonjr says:

Best of Luck

I hope he does well.  It seems he had a hard time getting his confidence back last year.  I think he will do well in this crowd, though it may take a year or two.

It is alway great to see the US represented in world class racing.  I know I will be pulling for him, and the rest of the family.

Reply to this Topic
scatterbrained

Oct 09

glad he found a ride but. . .

I think he would have been a better fit in would supersport.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Hopeful for Hayden

Look the AMA is dead. Since NASCAR has gotten hold of the series racing in the STATES is in serious jeapardy! With that being said, there are a lot of riders out there looking for jobs. Hopefully Hayden can get some good results that can hopefully lead to a better ride, no to say anything against Pedercini but lets face it when was the last time a Green Machine was winner 93 maybe? Anyway im glad to see Hayden out there, he is a tenacious little guy when its good especially on a 600, maybe Kawasaki will make good on there efforts to develop the superbike since they have no MOTO GP effort.

Reply to this Topic
henry33

Dec 09

henry33 says:

phinmac

Hayden may only be riding what is a privateer Kawasaki but team owner Lucio Pedercini notonly ran the team but was a regular top non factory finisher when he racing. He knows what it takes to race in WSB and with there being no Moto GP effort can only be good for the team with bike development filtering down from the factory team. As for the last time a green bike won who could forget Chris Walkers win at Assen in 2006.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

henry33

Dont get me wrong, all im saying as of late the green bikes at least in its superbike form has been less than stellar. However, I would love the to see them up front on a consistant basis, makes for great racing, increases sponsership and keeps me glued to this series! I hope Pedercini grooms a winner and they have great success this year. Thanks for the correction too, must be slipping.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices