Skip to content

Products MCN Biking Britain survey: Top 10 tyres for wet grip Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > MCN Biking Britain survey: Top 10 tyres for wet grip

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN Biking Britain survey: Top 10 tyres for wet grip

From the results of our 12,000 reader-strong survey, here are your top 10 tyres for wet grip. Save £££s on motorcycle tyres 1. Metzeler TouranceSizes: Front – 110/80x19, 100/90x19, 90/90x21 Rear – 150/70, 130/80, 140/80, 120/90Price: From £54.49 at www.mcnshop.comA dual purpose tyre developed for GSs and KTM Adventure-style bikes. They are not full-blown knobblies and have a smooth rolling characteristic for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 January 2010 15:21)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motoxmad80

Aug 09

motoxmad80 says:

Wheres the Pirelli angel st? I tried them on my zx636 and theyre fantastic. Much better than dunflops 207 and bridgestone's range for life length.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

I Have To Say

just the standard Pirella Corsa's i put on my bike are incredible at wet grip ... wayyyy better than the Avons i have also had on the same bike.

Reply to this Topic
xofyor

Mar 10

xofyor says:

Wet grip vs tyre life

Having tried various tyres on my  2009 st1300 pan european, the best overall tyre by far is the Michellin Road pilot 2, Gives outstanding wet grip with fantastic durability, a min of 8000 miles front and rear. The bike is ridden quite hard and covers about 25000 a year. Have tried Bridgestones BT 016 which gives good duarbility but inconsistent grip in the wet. The BT021 although good in the wet has a very poor tyre life and Chisels of very quickly from as little as 2000 miles and if your lucky lasts 4000 miles. Making it skitty in the wet and not that brilliant in the dry. The BT 021 were exactly the same when fitted to my BMW RT.

Reply to this Topic
gazza1962

Dec 08

gazza1962 says:

wet grip

had the metzeler me22 on my ybr 125 fantastic confidence inspiring tyre from the start.

had the bridgestone bt020 on rear of my gsx650f really good tyre replaced after 7k miles on it due to two nails in it or could have got another 4-500mls off,only problem was squaring off.

Reply to this Topic
declan88

May 09

declan88 says:

R1 02 tyres in the wet

I used my R1 year round 70 miles a day. I'm not the tricksiest rider, nor raciest through beds, but I'm quick from A to B eg 45 mins door to door 10 miles from just South London across central London and 25 miles up the M1. So the tyres I've used have had a lot demanded of them and what I want is predictability and reassurance. I've not tried the Michelin Pilot Powers or the Pirelli Super Corsas but I hear these are fantastic in the dry, although one,I think it was the Corsas are dodgy in the wet. Anyway the 02 R1 is very twitchy if the grip isn't nicely sorted. But my view of tyres I've tried is: BT014s 190/50 17 rera and 120 whatever is is front: A1 good dry grip, almost as good wet, warm up quick, hold heat easily, predictable, neutral, quick in and out, last 6000 miles BT016s- Devil tyres. Don't believe the rave reviews that littered MCN and other rags for ages when these came out where all the tests were done in boiling hot countries like the south of Spain and US. They are for UK riders only there to kill you on a super bike. V slow warm up, hardly retain heat, slip in bone dry conditions on a gentle straight brake from 20mph and very much in the wet, step out on motorway bends even after 10 miles on the Autobahn at 120mph. Had to completely front load the suspension to get the nose down far enough to put more pressure on the front tyre to turn in, otherwise the bike was just drifting out all the time. In short a f%^kin disaster of tyre. Had me in the hedge once in the rain. I'd never buy or use even if given these tyres free again on my R1. BT021- like the 016s, but I expected less perforamce from a touring tyre, wanst sure how much less I'd get. Anyway in short they were useless. Slippy, un confidence inspiring. Make for boring and irritating riding. Totally unsuitable to the R1 vicious demands I found out. No one who's 70 years old rides an R1 surely. So lord knows why Bridgestone advertise these on their website for an R1. A set of these would have you in the back of a braking lorry. Wouldn't buy these again.

Reply to this Topic
vitesse7749

Nov 08

vitesse7749 says:

Pilot Road 3

Anyone tried the 3s? They are fantastic!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle