Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 1200cc Yamaha Super Tenere gets R1 lights New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2010 1200cc Yamaha Super Tenere gets R1 lights

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

2010 1200cc Yamaha Super Tenere gets R1 lights

Yamaha's drip-feed of information about the new 1200cc parallel twin Super Tenere continues. The latest press release for the bike – which will rival the BMW R1200GS, new Ducati Multistrada and Triumph Tiger – contains a silhouette showing the headlight design is more R1 than XT660 Tenere. The twin lights are side-by-side (rather than stacked as per the 660 Tenere) and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (06 January 2010 10:28)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Price will be a big factor. With so many bikes all looking for the same customers, then dealer network and back up will also be important. I can't understand why it has taken so long for Japan inc to wake up to just how popular the GS is.

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

"2010 1200cc Yamaha Super Tenere gets R1 lights"

No way, R1 Lights, Wow, Holy Cow, Amazing, NOT !

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

price

£9000 for a 600cc motorcycle ??

is nobody else suprised at  this ?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Crazy prices. Just crazy.

Reply to this Topic
ZMC888

Nov 09

ZMC888 says:

I just don't understand why people love such huge overweight bikes. Can't blame Yamaha fr trying to sell them though.

Reply to this Topic
stormati

Jul 09

stormati says:

!

ha...

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

PR drip feed

...only works when there is a rising clamour of interest. Someone needs to remind Yamaha of some basic marketing truths - when you're late to the party one needs to make an entrance, not sneak in through the kitchen door.

If they can't do better than `headlights`, probably better to say nothing. Dribbling out unimportant information such as this is achieving bugger-all. 

Reply to this Topic
coldplayer

Nov 03

coldplayer says:

Price

Hey guys,

There is a reason why Yamaha have put their prices up.

Yamaha made huge losses in 2009 with the old "cheap" prices. They have to charge a much higher price to just stay in business. For those that complain, think on this...

Imagine a world without Yamaha....

No R1

No R6

Rossi, Spies, Lorenzo, Edwards....... all on Honda's

No Vmax

No Fazer

No Diversion.......... no hang on, let me think about this one.

Its a wonderful Life................with Yamaha in it. You cant put a price on that.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

HMmmm

I'm quite looking forward to it to be honest, maybe get one to go alongside my R1, i keep looking at the Gs's but ive heard alot of reports of failures on them which puts me off, i'd like summat like this to use when i go on the continent in place of the R1...the ducati looks too  fickle to me and ive still not got over the tempremental 916 era with them breaking down...i know they probably wont, but the reputation sticks sometimes..

I too cant believe its taken the japs so long to jump on the band wagon!!! jesus, its not like they dont have the know how??? remember the old Teneres and africa twins!! they'll sell loads of 'em in europe, them guys will love it, and i reckon us lads here are starting to look at alternatives now, just look how many have bought GS's!! they're not all old school BMW riders, its all new business for BMW!! ...............i bet KTM could kill that "expert" who denied Charlie and Ewan the KTM's.......lol

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Super tenere..

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this it looks like its going to be great. I also agree with Stu-SP2, the Japanese have lagged behind in the 'big trailie' market, hopefully this is the sign of things to come, new 1200cc Africa Twin (four?), maybe even a new Dr Big (maybe not!), BMW have largely monopolised this market, and just like the Germans entering the 1000cc sportsbike market with the S1000RR, more choice = more competition = better bikes for all of us. As for Yamaha putting their prices up, thank Brown/Blair for the rising price of bikes. sadly our currency is worthless. if the currency drops in value imported goods become more expensive. Yamaha may have failed to earn a large profit this year, but that's part and parcel of a recession, so are rising prices.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices