Skip to content

Discuss This Video: The last of the Buells First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: The last of the Buells

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: The last of the Buells

2009 saw the closure of Buell, a company characterised by quirky models like the XB9SX, 1125 Cafe Racer and 1125R. But will we miss them? Or are they gone for a reason? Find a Buell for sale Read Buell motorcycle reviews http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C // found at http://corp.brightcove.com/legal/terms_publisher.cfm....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (06 January 2010 16:43)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Enemy

Sep 09

Enemy says:

33bhp

can any Buell bikes be restricted to 33bhp?

Reply to this Topic
OlafsBura

Nov 09

OlafsBura says:

33bhp

you actually can on some models I did enquire about it couple months ago and I got to knew that you could with city lightening for sure

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Restriction

My local dealer went and checked and told me that it couldn't be done... ? 0.o

That was quite a while ago now though, things may have changed :)

Reply to this Topic
OlafsBura

Nov 09

OlafsBura says:

restriction

I went to Shaw Harley Davidson in East Sussex and they said some models can and some can't city lightening in paticular can be restricted and adventure bikes can 1200 cc sports bike cannot ...

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Is it me?

I read the article in last weeks MCN and the review was largely a thumbs down, and yet the summary in the video gives them the thumbs up?! Confused? I am now!!

Reply to this Topic
Seanskam

Dec 09

Seanskam says:

It's not you it's MCN

I think the video was fair enough and pitched where the article should have been. It's not exactly a real comparison comparing an all round £5K "sports" bike with a £12K top of the range sports duke. I for one thought the video redressed the balance and this is wherethe Buell market should have been pitched. If it had maybe they would be still going ? 

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

agree

with seanskam

the video seems fair enough - while the article was harsh by comparing the 1125R with an 1198 which is near twice the price. the 1125R is more like a modern Firestorm or Sv1000 than full on sportsbike - you do get a lot of bang for your buck. while the CityX shows part of the logic of a Harley engine - its very cheap - lots of cc and grunt for your money - just like American or Aussie muscle cars - crude - but big fun, big value, and big character (unlike Jap or German motors). Buells will be sadly missed.

Reply to this Topic
Cornerthief

Feb 09

Cornerthief says:

They'd still be going if HD hadn't closed them down.... not because of Buell sales fyi

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Buell

Well I think it is sad to see the demise of any company and as was said it would appear that it is down to Harley for ceasing the production.Not really my type of bike but then everyone has different tastes and it''s good to have a choice I guess. If it had continued as an independent manufacturer it may have succeeded in keeping going, who knows. Maybe Eric Buell will start it all back up in a few months?

Reply to this Topic
48gixxer

May 09

48gixxer says:

Bowell

Lets call a spade a spade here, if the design work was up to the level of the engineering, and they hadnt botched the radiator setup they could have made the bike a success. People fall off bikes fact of life, in the eyes of a  customer there is a huge potential for expensive damage. I was really excirted about the rotax engine. In that fururistic chassis but with 90s style bodywork it was a recipe for failure. Enthusiasts are very knowledgable if you can win over experienced riders no trend is set in the market......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle