Skip to content

Discuss This Price increase chart: read it and weep General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Price increase chart: read it and weep

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Price increase chart: read it and weep

This chart shows a selection of 2010 price rises, ranging from the 25% hike to the Yamaha V-Max and R1 to the 4% increase to the Suzuki GSX-R600. Motorcycles for sale Japanese manufacturers claim that currency fluctuations and increasing manufacturing costs have forced the increases, with Yamaha being most aggressive. The V-Max, for example, has gone up from £15,999 to £19,999, the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 January 2010 16:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mjf65

Feb 03

mjf65 says:

Price decreases?

Does this mean that with so called negative inflation in the UK (if you believe the government!) that Triumph's should be cheaper than last year? Maybe I might get a Sreet Triple R after all.

Reply to this Topic
MeanMachinex

Dec 09

MeanMachinex says:

Solution

Don't buy the rip off japanese bikes

get the Excellent British Triumph.

save your hard earned cash.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Rip off?

How are they ripping you off meanmachine? any more than the European manufacturers? They aren't putting up prices to earn more of your hard earned cash, they aren't putting up prices at all really. the POUND IS WORTH LESS, so by even the most simple of logic you will require more of them to buy a bike that has been imported from any country whose currency is worth more.

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Made in Britain

What an incentive for bikes,  or bike components, to be made in the UK!!!

Know anyone who does????

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Sterling

The pound is worth considerably more now than it did 6 months ago...

Anyway, buy British - Triumph produce great bikes ('though a number of their dealers stink) and whilst their prices have gone up its  not by much and we can thank the government and their return of VAT for that....

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

i visited my local yamaha dealer today an i was the only person in there, i cant beleive how much theyre asking for an r1! when at the kawasaki dealer down the road you can pick up a zx10r for little over 6000. You would have to be stupid to buy yamaha at the moment

Reply to this Topic
baldeagle1956

Oct 08

price rises

will this affect second hand prices then? if so perhaps I might be able to afford to swap my fazer for a Triumph Sprint after all! :-)

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Hee hee...

The ZX10R is a great deal... Don't buy one though, you'll only crash it!!! I know of THREE that have been written off in similar circumstances (going round a corner FFS!) Did put it up somewhere on here hoping a journalist would pick up on it as a possible story but maybe they've been bought out?

Anyway...

Yamaha against Ducati? Quite a challenge... Short term I would have the Ducati, long term I'd have the Yamaha... Ducati would only go and break!

Sterling will dwindle of the face of this earth shortly... Not worth the paper it's printed on, LITERALLY.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

S1000RR Looks good value

Why would you buy an R1 at £12500 when you can get the S1000RR Sport with TC,ABS,QShifter

The Japanese are going to struggle this year and unfortunately for the dealers they will take the hit. I'm very glad I got my GSXR1000K7 when I did, they were selling UK bikes with Arrow cans for £7500 in 2008. It seemed a bargain then, it seems like an absolute steal now. Think I'll be keeping it for a few more years, it's very hard to juustify spending £12500 on a bike I only do 6000 miles a year on.

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

rise!

Damn i wanted a new R1 too...

ill have to go to my boss and ask for a 25% payrise...wonder what hell say ?

triumph must be laughing all the way to the bank

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices