Skip to content

Discuss This WSB 2010 UK VOTE World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB 2010 UK VOTE

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

adysmith

Mar 05

adysmith says:

WSB 2010 UK VOTE

WORLD SUPERBIKE 2010 IN THE UK If donnington is out of the picture for the 2010 BSB season this could mean there will be no uk race for the WSB next year,I think the fans should have a chance to post votes for a pole on which circuit they would like to see the WSB at next year. There are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 January 2010 17:41)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
keyboardwarrior

Sep 09

Got to be Brands Hatch

It's the only logical choice.

Plus its only 30 minutes away from me :)

It is also the best spectator circuit in Great Britain (its not called the goldfish bowl for nothing)

You can see the whole short circuit from opposite the pits and with the screens errected you can see the action over the back.

Plus with Fred in the commetary tower it is the race I look forward to more than any other and I am sad that my only visits there this year will be for BSB only.

Please Mr Palmer and the Flamini's sort it out, the UK fans will not let you down if you host WSB at Brands.

I still cannot believe we can have a World Superbike Championship with no less than 7 British riders with no home round for them to race on?

Can you imagine any other country with 7 riders in a World Championship with no home round for support from their sponsers, family and friends to cheer on their riders?

This is a very bad situation that needs to be sorted out ASAP.

nb: I just had a look at the WSB website 2010 calendar and Donny in on there for the 1st of August? 

Fank Yu.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Silverstone

It looks like it is to be at Silverstone on August the 1st 2010

announcement Next week ?

i did not think Flammini would or could eat humble pie and return to Brands

But at least we have got a GB round to cheer our boys on

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

In an ideal world, F1 would be at Silverstone, WSB at Brands and MotoGP at Donington.  Sadly, the world has gone mad and I don't see the old arrangements happening again any time soon.  Can only see Silverstone hosting WSB I'm afraid, but it's better than nothing.

It all comes down to money - those that hanker after a white knight with money to burn to rescue Donny are living a fantasy (unless someone knows an Arab or Russian who has millions to spare who isn't interested in buying a Premier League football club?!).  Who in their right mind would take on a circuit at the moment that needs a lot of money spending on it just to make it useable, and then still needs major investment to fix the old Donny problems - toilets, access etc etc.  All this with no portfolio of any significant motorsport events to host in 2010?  It's a vicious circle and I'm not sure how it can be fixed - though I hope that it can be sorted so that a 'normal' domestic season for Donny can be planned for 2011.

By which time Silverstone will be well on their way to having their shiny new pits and paddock complex completed.  Why would MotoGP want to move away after their initial five year contract has elasped?  I reckon MotoGP will be at Silverstone for a very long time as there is simply no other venue able to compete with them in terms of circuit (whether you like the new layout or not), facilities and access.  It's a depressing situation where only one UK circuit is able to hold premier international motorsport, but that's the stark reality facing us at the moment.

Brands is caught in a situation where even if Palmer could stump up the funding to upgrade the circuit for MotoGP, the district council and the tree-huggers simply wouldn't let it happen.  I'd love to see WSB back at Brands, but Palmer, unlike Gillett, won't go chasing a pot of gold that cannot be made to work financially in the short to medium term.

Reply to this Topic
adysmith

Mar 05

adysmith says:

wsbk 2010

ok so silverstone has stepped in no surprise there but we should,nt rest on our laurels .YOUR VOICE NEEDS TO BE HEARD post your views on brandshatch verses silverstone for worldsuperbike & maybe jus maybe our man Mr Palmer will devise something worth while to bring WSBK back to the british mecca of bike racing DON,T SIT THERE DO SOMETHING, silverstone only has a tempary contract lets show em where we who pay good money would prefer to see  WBSK for 2011 onwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i'd like to know how long the Silverstone short-term contract is for - is it just 2010?  mind you, if they get a taste for the place, especially if they see the F1 pits and paddock next year, they might want to stay for longer.

ady - mate, as i've said, no amount of lobbying Palmer won't change his mind if the business case for Brands / MSV doesn't stack up, he's too cute to take big financial risks (and well done to him for that).  plus i'm sure the FIM will become increasingly awkward about safety around the circuit (lack of run-offs in places) as clarkson has pointed out.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Read this weeks mcn!!

Of course there will be a british round do you think the organisers are that stupid as to lose the revenue the uk generates ,also this posting is it mcn or the history channel ?

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

price?

i think the only way brands would get the world sbk would be a price drop in tickets. i'm sure we remember that jonathan palmer had the offer last year but turned it down because they asked too much. its a sahme i only got to see the wor;d supers once and that was in 2008, sadly the first time and we lost a great racer.

Reply to this Topic
pjbrown41

Jun 09

pjbrown41 says:

no donny

if there is no donnington in the wsb uk round then it should be held at brands . But what other bsb tracks in the uk are capable of holding a wsb round , as in this country bsb is just as big any ideas

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i think there is realistically only one circuit able to host WSB at the moment, and that's Silverstone.  much as i hate to say it, the FIM will be reluctant to sanction Brands again due to the lack of run off in some places - the circuit hasn't changed substantially since the A1GP upgrade in 2005 while expectations have moved on.  having said that, i'd love to see WSB at Brands once more, it's the rightful home of the UK round.

Donny is more than capable of hosting WSB, providing (i) someone can rescue the place and (ii) makes a genuine attempt to bring the circuit into the 21st century in terms of decent facilities.  as for the other UK circuits, no chance.  1000cc bikes have outgrown a number of circuits already, even before you consider the facilities a world championship series demands.  having only one circuit able to host premier bike racing is not a good situation to be in, but that's the reality at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

2010 UK WSB

there is only one circuit that WSB should be at this year and its Brands Hatch... it's the home of WSB.... no tears shed here for donnington.... don't know about silverstone, never been, it don't look too insipiring on the telly though

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices