Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lessaint

Feb 05

lessaint says:

SLACK B@ST@RDS

:mad: OH to be a TEACHER

Don't give me this Health and Safety crap,,I am sorry to say that it boils down to them being a lazy bunch of slackers who seize every opportunity for a day off,,,but what really hurts is the amount of holidays that they have as standard..They want to take a long hard look at themselves.....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 January 2010 13:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Right on..

And due to the fact most of 'em have never been outside the 'school' environment, the only people they have to compare themselves to is the kids they teach..... No wonder they think they work long hours!!

A good ol' dose of the real world would benefit most of 'em!!  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
lessaint

Feb 05

lessaint says:

flyer

:hmmm:I would make them attend the school and carry out some sort of work,,,decorating cleaning or remedial works,,,WE ARE PAYING THEM unless they want to use there holidays up,,or not get payed as the vast majority of the UK workforce have too,,,,some times you just want to scream when you see these teachers and even council workers get mollycodled 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Actually....

They only do teaching because its a vocation and they`re not in it for money or long holidays. If they were to move to a job in the private sector they could easily earn much more money, and they work very long hours as it is, sometimes up to 75 hours a week.

I know this cos a teacher told me, so it must be true.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Cheekymonkey

Yer teacher mate talks Boll**ks ! 2 of my friends had very sucessful businesses and moved to teaching cos it had less hours ,easier job and a massive pension where they could retire at 55 !

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Actually Cheekymonkey

You are quite correct there, they do have less 'work' days but I do know they work a lot at home and also before and after 'school hours'.

However, the thing that I find annoying is that they bleat on and on about how badly they're treated and payed.. Wise up.. there's some proper shitty jobs out there, they've no idea how easy they have it!!

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

you should try it !!!

my wife is a teacher, in the past she has had class sizes of over 35, with god knows how many different languages/faiths to deal with, kids with severe learning difficulties, kids with emotional problems and some down right obnoxious little bastards.....she has been physically assaulted several times (one requireing hospital treatment) by pupils and pissed up druggy parents who frankly should have been neutered at birth!!

She has had to deal with some very heart-wrenching situations, including dealing with kids who have been sexually abused by their father and/or step-fathers, and at times was more of a mother to them than their own. 

So fuck off generalising about certain groups of people, yes they have good terms and conditions, but unless you have tried it, (which I never could I know for a fact!).you can't really know... school's want to remain open so the workload doesn't back-up, but it is the namby-pamby Health and Safety state that restricts the Headteachers making these decisions, cos they know if little Johnny falls and breaks something, they are going to get sued!!  :mad:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Superbol..

Excuse my stupidity..

Why would anybody move from a 'very succ3esful business' into teaching???

(unless that 'very successful business' was not quite as successful as they had told everyone....)  :wink:

:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Superbol and Flyer

Sorry, my attempts at sarcasm failed quite miserably there!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Tut tut Cheeky...

Back to school for you!   :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
pussinboots

Aug 02

pussinboots says:

closed doors

there are a record number.of schools shut there's no doubt about it ..must be very tough for working parents of younger kids having to make alternative arrangements ...even just a few years ago all these schools wouldn't have been closed....it's a different world these days...nobody can possibly be allowed to be cold ...perish the thought(pardon the pun:biggrin:) they might just put a coat & scarf on indoors if the heating's on the blink...& anyone slips or hurts themselves nowadays they look for someone else to blame...

the teachers themselves don't decide to shut the places it's 'elf & safety stuff that dictates it all ..a lot of schools do ask the staff to attend without kids or with only certain exam years in attendance... 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices