Skip to content

General have we learnt nothing during this recession General

You are in... Forums > General > General > have we learnt nothing during this recession

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fastasfox

Jan 08

fastasfox says:

have we learnt nothing during this recession

Years ago when i was a kid (c now i just sound old) it used to snow every year and we used to go sledging and as such you could buy those plastic sledges everywhere even the local petrol station.We have had little or no snow in the past 25 years so now they are like gold dust. I have a little boy he is nearly three and i thought as he may or may not see snow again in his childhood  i would pick a sledge up, but i couldnt find one anywhere. so i had a quick look on ebay just incase a local seller had one.There were hundreds of plastic sledges for sale.I know the retail price of a sledge is about £8/£10 so imagine my shock when i watched them sell for £70/£80 FOR A PLASTIC SLEDGE??????????????????????? has the world gone mad. Now correct me if im wrong but wasnt the recession caused by greed and excess,so in what world did those sellers and buyers think that paying £70/£80 on a bit of plastic was ok.
I hate this world at times.
So do you know what? i made one.I went to B&Q got a bit of timber and a bit of rope and i made one THE COST £8.29. And it goes like shit of a shiney shovel and i also have that pride thing that dads have when we make our children somthing.
Are my views old fashioned or have i taken something from this recession ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 January 2010 19:45)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevepurcell

May 07

stevepurcell says:

fastas

good on ya,i did the same when my daughter was about 4,she's 16 now still got the sledge in the shed,cant part with it though,she took it to our local hill with her mates,she had a great time,:wink::wink:

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Fastas

ya did good mate...bet yr lad will treasure it :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
950Darren

Oct 08

950Darren says:

Foxy.....

Bloody hell you tight git whats 70squid to see a big smile on your kids face:blink: Only joking but i see what you mean bloody rip off blighty:wacko: Over here where it snows for 3mts it works out 3quid for a good plastic sledge and to buy a proper classic wooden made two seater that you can even get in tesco,s is about a tenner:tongue: In England if you want to have fun well then your gonna have to pay for it:lol:

Reply to this Topic
lee711

Nov 08

lee711 says:

Snow Tax

A one off tax to be paid to cover the price of any fun you may have,when snow has been laid down for more than 12 hours.

:lol::tongue::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Lee

Don't even joke about that :lol:

Reply to this Topic
fastasfox

Jan 08

fastasfox says:

I sent a seller a message

they had a plastic sledge for sale with a buy it now for £55 so i sent a message asking them if they would be kind enough to tell me what carrat gold the sledge was made out of,:biggrin: i didnt get a reply.
I did angry about being ripped off but 9times out of ten if i do get ripped off or am about to be ripped off i will let them know im best pleased. I went to weymouth last summer and stopped at a sea front cafe.we had a bowl of chips (not a big bowl) a small pot of mushy peas and a small bottle of pop.I didnt think to ask for a price cus chips are chips they all cost a ball park figure (how wrong was I) got the bill it came to £6.80 (R U FECKING KIDDIN ME) and every attraction we went to it was the same cafe`s ripping us off.
dont get me wrong im not a penny pincher and if you needed it i would give you my last penny but i dont mind paying for quality things (you get what you pay for) but bottom line is we get ripped off for sub standard stuff.
There has been times in my life when i have lots of money and times when i aint but hand on hart even if i was a billionaire i would still hate being ripped off.

Reply to this Topic
learnerlou

Jan 10

learnerlou says:

me

and my mates used a fertilizer bag hurt bottom tho  :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
pussinboots

Aug 02

pussinboots says:

fastas

there are always some greedy blighters on the make and folks daft enough to get suckered in..well done you for makin' your own...sounds like the wooden one my Dad made for me in the 60s (!):winkie:....was bloomin' great..used to hurtle off down this big hill near where we lived in green belt area ..now it's all been made 'safe' cos it ended with a barbed wire fence facing a road:shock: ..but it was all part of the excitement swerving at the last minute:roll eyes:..now trees have been planted to spoil their fun..in a way feel sorry for  kids these days..:upset:

btw as for foods rip-offs  we were fleeced at a cafe at Mallaig in Scotland last year on our biking hol...we paid up front & got this pathetic crummy:biggrin: roll and cooked meat from the Spar next door.(.I know cos I saw one of the staff in there afterwards still in work clobber been sent round to stock up)..cost an arm and a leg...no wonder we were asked to pay when we ordered.:huh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Plastic

bin liner.....

Can't beat 'poly-baggin' :biggrin:

Or even an old short handled shovel - sit on the shovel, holding the handle between your legs.:biggrin::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fastasfox

Jan 08

fastasfox says:

boult

i would need a shovel for each butt cheek :lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale