Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati unveil 2010 MotoGP contender MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati unveil 2010 MotoGP contender

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati unveil 2010 MotoGP contender

This is the bike Ducati hopes will end Yamaha’s recent domination of the MotoGP world championship in 2010. The GP10 was officially rolled out at Ducati’s 2010 team launch at the spectacular Italian ski resort of Madonna di Campiglio today (Wednesday). The biggest change to the new Desmosedici V4 is a revised firing order, with the 2010 Ducati featuring a Big Bang...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 January 2010 17:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

Hey, he's the fittest EVER, so he says...

Might be a closer than last year battle but we all now when the going gets tough Rossi has a better head on his shoulders. Stoner needs to be out front or he'll start to break under pressure.

No excuses, new bike, so lets see how he manages to lose this year!!! LOL

I'm with Lorenzo for this year again (and Rossi obviously) but I can't like Ducati. Impossible to like they have nothing likeable about them. Unless Rossi ever joins then they'll never be a fan favourite.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Ducati GP10

Ducati developed an 800cc MotoGP bike that was very fast but had some handling problems. They started to improve the handling towards the end of last season and have combined that information it to the revised carbon fibre chassis and swingarm. The only other complaints the riders have said is a slight brake instability (which most of the field have mentioned from time to time) and drive issues when on the power. The revised firing order should certainly help with the drive problems so I suspect the Ducati package will be fairly competitive from the off.  Looks like a fairly logical development of last years bike.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

nothing to like about Ducati in moto-gp?

the moto-gp team may not be liked by some in Britain because of Stoner giving Rossi and the Yam a hammering at Donington for a  good few years on the bounce. But on a global scale they certainly are a fan favourite (have you seen the Ducatista in grand-stands world-wide?) - in part because of the under-dog thing - a small, passionate, stylish Italian team taking on the faceless Asian robot corporations - so i think there are more reasons to like them as a team over the Japanese!

I think this should be a good year for Casey and Nicky with the new motor - twin pulse is what Ducati do best! though if i was them i wouldnt put too many pics of the bike up in case the Japs copy the superior aerodynamics...again...

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

You would miss Ducati

I don't get the people who knock Ducati. I don't think a lot of people grasp how tiny Ducati are as a company. HRC alone employs more people than Ducati does in its entirety.

What they have achieved is amazing.

As for Honda, one fancies that all the old engineers who made them what they are (used to be?) have now retired. But even if they were still employed, risk assessments, DFMEA and the drudgery of six sigma processes would prevent them from coming up with anything new and exciting.

Moving on to Rossi, whilst one part of me would like to see him go on the dominate and overtake Agostini's records, I have grown a little weary of seeing the same bloke so strong for so long. Having said that he will leave a huge void when he retires.

Totally agree with remarks on the Suzuki. It looks like it has been crashed and hurriedly repaired with its missing tail section and drooping down exhausts. How can a company that produces fine looking bikes like the GSXR range send their flagship out looking like that?

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

Every season its getting a bit more competetive so we should be in for a good one. Still I think engine reliability will decide the championship.  Just how much have they compromised the bike to make it better for Hayden and Pramac?

If anything, they are making it more like the M1. I am actually suprised ducati have been so open about the technical changes to their bike,

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

GP10

Bike looks the business, awesome!! and I'm sure that Casey will be doing the business on it this year!!  Can't see anyone stopping him if he carries on the way he finished off last year 3 races, 2 wins and a 2nd and apart from the incident on the warm up at Cheste he would have probably had another win I reckon!! Putting that to one side, he seems to be healthier than ever  and if the new GP10 goes as good as it looks then Casey has got to have a great chance of winning back the championship this year now that he he has no health issues.It will be interesting to see  how it all pans out with Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and now Spies in the mix to.  It's going to be a great year's racing I'm sure. Can't wait!!

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

GP10 .... Ducari's Best Ever Desmo...?

Comprising the tech which wins them WSBK and MotoGP titles, with their own unique twist .. with 2 world title winners, they have a team line-up which can only be rivalled by Yamaha...

2010 will be all about managable power ... all we need to do is look back to 2007 .... Casey is certainly one of my faves, more so than Rossi on this one.

Stoner seriously has ATLEAST  1 more title in him on a Ducati ... and if the carbon frame gamble pays off, he'll have more than 1 more on that bike ... make no mistake.

Mr marmite really isnt to everyones taste, but the youngster has pushed the 4-stroke MotoGP series further more than anyone ... apart from Rossi.

The Desmo itself is a brilliant bike .... with a dedicated twin-spark engine, revised V4 engine dynamics, alternative firering orders .. combined with arguably the best traction control on the grid.... who Would bet against them???

I also feel they have put a lot of development into Hayden ... some say entirely new frame and swingarm design!!! although that may be a test mule, you only have to look at 2008 to see what happens when Ducati try to run 2 diff frames for 2 diff riders....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices