Skip to content

Ask an Expert Best tyres for a 99 R6? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Best tyres for a 99 R6?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jackparker

Jan 10

jackparker says:

Best tyres for a 99 R6?

Hi well my R6 is due some new rubber and was just wondering hat people would recommend? pilot power 2ct's have been recommended to me but I have read good and bad comments online about them so not really sure.

Thanks
Jack

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 January 2010 18:52)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

It depends......

.... on what type of riding you're planning on doing?

Reply to this Topic
Bridgestone

Mar 07

Bridgestone says:

R6 tyres

From the Bridgestone range you have the following options: BT-016's, these are a Hypersports tyre and offer very good grip levels and are also very durable..We use these on the Ron Haslam Race School. The rear features 3 different compounds. check out www.bridgestonebikersclub.co.uk for further info

The other option is the BT-021's, these are a sports touring tyre but still offer plenty of grip, and are pretty durable so it depends on what you're looking for.

If you're doing the odd track day and ride fast on the road then go for BT-016.. If you're suited to commuting, no track days then plump for the BT-021's.  Your sizes are 120/60-17 and 180/55-17 and pressures are 36 psi front and 42 psi rear. I trust this helps.

Reply to this Topic
jackparker

Jan 10

jackparker says:

Tyres

Well my style is fast acceleration and hard braking, and trying to push it on the corners but I also do some commuting so not really sure.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Dunlop

Their Qualifier RR got very good reviews in Bike recently.

Reply to this Topic
Bridgestone

Mar 07

Bridgestone says:

BT-016

My advise then would be tov try the BT-016's...

Regards,

Bridgestone

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

As well as the Bridgestones

you could go for the highly rated Dunlop Qualifier II (the RR's might not last long enough for commuting), Pirelli Diablo Rosso, or the Michelins.  Modern tyres (from the big-name brands) are all very similar in their own category (ie. fast road/track day, sport-touring etc.).  It partly comes down to budget and how long you want them to last versus performance.  If you don't do track days, there's no point going for the stickiest tyres, as they won't always be at the correct operating temperature for normal road riding.

Reply to this Topic
jubilee

Jun 09

jubilee says:

r6 tyres

i ride  a 07 r6 have had 2ct did not like them i found the dunlop qualifiers rr to be exelllent mate ride 2000 r6 he uses the same

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle