Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki W650 special ‘built over Christmas’ Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Kawasaki W650 special ‘built over Christmas’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Kawasaki W650 special ‘built over Christmas’

This Kawasaki W650 flat-tracker is one of the best specials to appear this winter, but the builder claims he produced it in his garage over Christmas! We suspect Sean Kynnersley, 40, took rather longer than that, judging by the quality of the execution. Kynnersley said: “I just fancied doing something different – it was a case of why not. I knocked it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 January 2010 09:11)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Maybe..

he got it as a really expensive 3d Jigsaw present for Crimble?

All the pieces ready out of a box?

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

W650

That's gorgeous. Just goes to show you don't need 150bhp in a "Special".

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

W650

I always thought the W650 looked more like a bonnie than an original bonnie! Far prefered it to the triumph version when it came out.Incidentally,when is Triumph going to revive the tiger cub name? A 400 single or light twin, I would be first in line if they did.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Great job!

Now I know what I need to get to go to work on in the bleak midwinter

Reply to this Topic
jbond

Aug 02

jbond says:

Yes, please

It doesn't look exactly road legal, but not far off it. Let's have more of these stripped to the bone flat-track style bikes please. And all the way from 125-250 singles to serious heavy metal. Somewhere in there, KTM should have a single and twin. And how about a flat track style Street Triple? Or a Tuono FT?

Naked bikes have been built as softened versions of many things. There's the MX  turned into Supermoto; The 60s Cafe racer; Drag bikes into streetfighters; 80s muscle bikes; Peter Fonda wannabes. Well it's time for nakeds that are road versions of the old Steve McQueen desert sled. Let's have something with a low seat, wide bars and light with enough travel to cope with potholes and an unmade road but not off road jumps. And enough power to make 0-90 exciting.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

NURSE!!....

Right up my snow bound strasse sir! Well done with the spot on look.

Reply to this Topic
bullpizzle

Nov 09

bullpizzle says:

Sweetly

Nicely done. My mate just rang to say look at it on here. He says he's seen it in John carr Motorcycles in Debyshire somewhere, and up for sale.  Says the pic does not do it justice cos the builder is a shit-hot mechanic and the touches are superb. 

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

W650 special

Very nice take on the flat track style. Perhaps kawasaki would be interested in offering it as an option in the same way as Triumph offer options? Of course, the W650 isn't a current, but how about a Versys version....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices