Skip to content

Discuss This World first ride: Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > World first ride: Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

World first ride: Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory

Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently in Italy about to test Aprilia's stunning new Dorsoduro Factory street supermoto. Based on the existing Dorsoduro, which is effectively a hopped-up, Ducati Hypermotard-rivalling version of the versatile Shiver V-twin, the Factory boasts revised, firmer, race-style suspension, wavy brake discs and masses of carbon fibre, including body panels and mudguard. Chad will be reporting...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 January 2010 13:55)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

I love this bike!

Everything from the exhaust to the swingarm! this is seriously cool.

Reply to this Topic
Almacal

Jan 10

Almacal says:

Oooooh!

I'm nearly sold on a Dorsoduro come the spring,  I wonder if I can find the extra for this one......  Way cooler than a KTM and probably less of a handful...

Reply to this Topic
Larzarus

May 09

Larzarus says:

Agreed, this is seriously good looking

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

missing a trick

I agree with comments below. 

However Aprilia are missing a trick and not in touch with the current Hypermotard trends, this is the type of bike I ride and my friends ride, on our own we like the handling and high speed on very twisty undulating lanes, but we like to travel not to rise the same roads every time, we need 150 miles min per tank to get across these remote areas.  We are doing around 200-300 miles in a day serious twisty hard riding, the seat needs to cope with that too, most dont and it costs nealry £300 to get them altered to the way they should have been made in the first place.

We also like, just a few times per year, on the very few scorching summer days and warm summer evenings to take our women out for a gentle ride out along the coast or up to cafe's in the dales etc, not to have a good set of rear pegs and a grippy stepped seat so they can stay on easily is no good.

At first I just thought it was us and other small few ex offroaders who prefer naked raw type bikes for this purpose but I read an article that said the majority sold were doing what we were doing AND were being used as milder adventure bikes abroad, for instance if people were only riding down forest tracks or dirt roads which were fairly smooth and dint need a full adventure bike which arent as good on the tarmac.

Aprilia must be missing this information and missing their market, no need to comrpomise the bike as this isnt what riders want, just add these additional features, offer bigger tank (dont need fill it on short blasts) stepped seat with gel, rear pegs.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices