Skip to content

Products Protect your shock with a Shock Tube Parts & accessories

You are in... Forums > Products > Parts & accessories > Protect your shock with a Shock Tube

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Abbott  says:

Protect your shock with a Shock Tube

The Shock Tube is a waterproof vented tube that fits over your rear shock (either monoshock or twin-shock) within 15 minutes. Save cash on motorcycle products Its UK-based makers claim it will shield against road salt, water, stone chipping, dust and dirt. Is it the new alternative to an unsightly rear hugger? For further details, and to order your Shock Tube, visit www.shocktube.co.uk

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 January 2010 14:26)

Post a message in Parts & accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TwoBrosBlade

Aug 02

TwoBrosBlade says:

Avoid this product!!

I have to disagree entirely with the main review and can only assume it was written without having used the tubes for any length of time.  In no way would i recommend these and would suggest the previous review take the tubes off and inspect the shock.

I put them on my 2008 CB1300S in October last year in preparation for running it through winter.

Before putting them on i coated the twin shocks in ACF50 and then followed the instructions to the letter - though there isnt really much chance of getting it wrong.

After about a week i noticed the metal snaps on the holes on the main body of the shock tube were completely rusty - thats just poor quality.  The idea of having holes in the tube kind of goes against the point of having them anyway??  So wasnt impressed to start with.

I snipped the cable ties to check all was still well with the shocks this weekend after 6 months of so of  riding it pretty much every day.  I wasnt happy with what i found.

Firstly the neoprene tube ripped along the velcro from the bottom to about half way up tube - so that one is ruined after about 6 months of use?  More poor quality.

When i saw my shocks i was properly mad.  The shock tube has rubbed off much of the red paint on the shock springs along the front edge of the spring, the bottom of the shock body now shows signs of corrosion (where there was absolutely none present when i put them on) and the rest of the spring was gritty and in no way protected from the elements.

In short, youre much better off not having this pointless poor quality product on your bike in favour of just cleaning your shock(s) after riding.

These tubes let all the crud in through the holes, and keep it there so it can rub the paint off and corrode your shocks.  All this while youre in a false sense of security having paid £50 to add a product thats supposed to protect your shock.

Fit these at your peril.

Reply to this Topic
Shocktube47

Jan 10

Shocktube47 says:

Shocktube Ultimate Test!!

For all you sceptics out there click on the link below. :)

http://youtu.be/JDpBUuWC3QU

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle