You are in... Forums > General > General > 2 STROKING IT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bcroninuk

Mar 09

bcroninuk says:

2 STROKING IT

I am considering buying an early 2000s RS 125 to get myself back on the road after being knocked off my ZX6 08 by a retarded BMW driver.

For the 2 strokers out there, how much do you spend on fuel and 2 stroke oil each month?  How often do you need to change the engine oil etc... replacement parts available...

I will only be using it for commuting until I can get a big bike again.  Any info would be great.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 January 2010 20:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Simple Rule

For the RS, i know for a fact you need to use a minimum 1litre of the best oil for every 33 litres (around 2 full tanks) of fuel.

You will prolly spend the same on oil as petrol, maybe more so dont expect anything "cheap way" ... you will pay for it through engines later!

The RS is a great bike, machanically tho, you need to adhere to its warm-up schedule - which many (maybe all) previous owners DONT stick to everytime. Spesh in the winter! - so ask, them make them demonstrate a warm-up ... make sure its from cold as well, a warmed-up bike will hide many flaws.

Prices for a previous model, pay £1750 for a half decent 1 and maybe £2500 for a quality showroom bike... but they are the most sought after 125cc 2 stroke, so you'll pay for it!

:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bcroninuk

Mar 09

bcroninuk says:

oil

So its about 1/2 litre of oil per fill up.  With oil costing around £12 a litre, around £6 of oil per fill up of petrol.  So on current prices its about £20ish pounds for a fill up of petrol and oil together.  Does anyone know the mileage per gallon for the 33bhp version.  Doing the math here :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jackparker

Jan 10

jackparker says:

rs

probs be looking at around 25-35 mpg, depends how u ride it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN