Skip to content

Ask an Expert End of restriction/licence Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > End of restriction/licence

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bozgeezer

May 08

Bozgeezer says:

End of restriction/licence

At last I can have the 33bhp restrictor removed from my cbr600rr. I have two queries:

1-I am comfortable with the power I have now, but is there anything i have to watch out for with the new found 90+ bhp? I have been giving it full throttle through the gears including from a standstill in 1st. I understand that the bike will only go as fast as I want it to but any tips of changes to riding style would be appreciated. I have never ridden a bike with more than 33bhp so a little apprehensive!

2-I have to send my licence away to get the restriction taken off it (and the licence is also due for renewal soon anyway). Do i have to tell DVLA to upgrade my licence or will they do that anyway?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 January 2010 23:58)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

power

The power is in your right hand via your brain,licence,send a photo copy if it`s the credit card type,i`m old hat to all these restrictions,but remember keep the original docs when you can.  

Reply to this Topic
Bozgeezer

May 08

Bozgeezer says:

Thanks Jaffa

Sounds like common sense to me. Probably gonna feel like a whole new bike with all them extra horsies.

Wish I had done my test before all this restriction crap. had a MTX125R (remember those?) in the mid 80's, but then came girls, which made a car seem better, then kids etc.

As a sidenote-looked at the 3rd driving licence directive yesterday. Made we mad, and reduced my 12 yr old boy to tears when he realised what it is gonna take just to get a licence for a medium power bike. Put him off biking-and that is probably just the goal of the f#ckwits who dream up this shite. What makes me angry is there is no power restirctions for car drivers!!

Reply to this Topic
rizlajon

Nov 08

rizlajon says:

cbr

hi. my partner has the same bike restricted she could of taken it of six mths ogo but chose not to. she wants to get more exprience first. good thing i think. as for licence dvla said no need to up date it ( card ) as old one as date on when passed test   

Reply to this Topic
Enemy

Sep 09

Enemy says:

it stinks but..

since riding is more dangerous (come on we all know that on average is is dangerous....but hell would you want it any other way?) to ride a motorbike than drive a car so i think its sensible that they're restricted for a while.  but i do think there should be an overall limit on the power of cars to be driven on the road. at least you can justify stupidly powerful sports bikes because a lot of owners take them on track days. stupid rich kid in my school in on his third high powered sports car (which mommy and daddy bought)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices