Skip to content

Discuss This Size doesn’t matter, says Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Size doesn’t matter, says Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Size doesn’t matter, says Ben Spies

Ben Spies reckons he’s calmed his apprehension about being too heavy to be a serious contender in MotoGP in 2010. The reigning World Superbike champion weighs in at 70kg and will be one of the heaviest riders on the 2010 grid. And Spies, who won a record-breaking 14 races in his rookie WSB campaign, was worried about struggling to compete against a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 January 2010 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluepetes

Sep 09

bluepetes says:

BEN SPIES IS STILL A BETTER RIDER THAN PEDROSA  WHATCH OUT STONER & ROSI

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

nostodamus you dont know every thing about bikes either do i but adding weight to a bike is easy to bring more parrity to the bike and riders anyone can see that and if you look back at older footage you will see that mamola wrainey used to add weight so it can be don without any adverse effects. also i was jocking about the back pack.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

to wit, to weight, to what?

Ah Elsa. I really do not see any rationale to your point. People come in different sizes and weights, we are not homogeneous beings just yet. But for the purposes of your argument lets take that most pure of sporting races, the 100m sprint and apply your criteria. Lets say Linford Christie was 'underweight'. Would you have him pack his lunchbox a little larger to measure up? What you are suggesting amounts to the same thing, it's complete nonsense. Most GP riders are around 65kg give or take a few kilo's. So Dani's a little lighter than that - so bloody what? I've covered the advantages / disadvantages therein ad nauseam already on this post. As for your Rainey thing, I presume you're referring to the year in which minimum machine weights increased from 115kg to 130kg for 500's. This increase, to some degree, enabled some machines to move around lead ballast to meet the 130kg requirement and apply weight where they thought it was needed. Naught to do with the rider.

And finally do not presume to know what I do, or do not know. I, as we all do, will stand or fall subject to the scrutiny of our peers. Lead with your chin and you will get hit!

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

mamola w.rainey used the weight thing before and after the 130kg weight change so that prooves it can be added to a bike without any effect to the way it rides,it would be good to see an equal bike and and rider weight combined put in motion but that will never happen we wont agree on this will we so lets not get into a stupid slagging match thats what crash.net is for.by the way the slower or more muscle bound sprinters used growth hormone gh1 or just plain steriods and still do so thats a silly statement and all the best sprinters are within 1 -3kg of each other not 20kg what pedrosa is to rossi and ben.but really it doesn't matter as ben is a better rider than pedrosa and he will win a couple of gps this year and will be world champ in 2011 that my prediction.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices