Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikerboy64

Jan 10

bikerboy64 says:

Suzuki GSX650F

Hiya All,

New to this site. I currently ride a Suzuki 500GS and being 6ft tall find it uncomfortable. Can any one let me know if the Suzuki GSX650F is comfortable for someone of my height and long legs.

Lots of thanks

Robin

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (20 January 2010 20:39)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

only ridden

one on a short test...i'm same height and it felt comfy for me, though always difficult to assess on a short ride..........try to get a test ride yourself, if the height is the problem you can always get a screen deflector, though the fairing seemed pretty good! :smile

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

GSX650F

I own one.  I'm 5ft5 and I would like it lower as i'm usually on my tip toes so I reckon you should be fine icon_thumright

Reply to this Topic
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

GSX650F

I'm 6'1" and currently have a Z750s. Pretty practical and comfy, with  just a bit more go about it than the Bandit or probably 650F when I chhose to use it.  Reckon the 650F is a pretty nice bike and possibly my next purchase. I also looked at the Vstrom and TDM900 at the time I bought it.

Reply to this Topic
bikerboy64

Jan 10

bikerboy64 says:

suzuki gsx650f

Thanks for your reply will get a test ride soon and hopefully will be my next bike:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
bikerboy64

Jan 10

bikerboy64 says:

Suzuki GSX650F

thnx for your reply will try one soon and if ok will be my next bike

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

jeffgsx

Feb 10

jeffgsx says:

my two cents

I recently bought a gsx650 and have about 6000 miles on it now.  I'm 6'2"- it's a little cramped on long rides for a guy with long legs, but the riding position is much better than a full-on sport bike.

Over all, I love it.  The motor is magical.  People bitch about the weight(it's a little heavy) but I commute in heavy winds a lot of the time and I'm frankly happy for that extra mass- it keeps me from getting blown around, and the motor has enough boost to move it fine.

The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the fork.  Stock, it's harsh and transmits every bump to the bars.  This is typical of sport bikes, but it was pretty bad.  I removed the forks, drained the 10 weight oil and replaced it with Maxima 7 weight.  It was a good(and cheap) fix.  You still get plenty of input from the road and the front end is still planted, but smoothed out considerably.

Keep in mind, no bike is perfect.  But if you're used to a gs500, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be very happy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

GSX650F

Hi there, I own one of these bikes and let my mate borrow it, as he was thinking of buying one. He is 6' 2" and loved it ! He has since been out and bought one, and now has over 4000 miles on the clock. Book a test ride, you wont be disappointed !! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices