Skip to content

Discuss This Injured soldier riding for Help for Heroes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Injured soldier riding for Help for Heroes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Injured soldier riding for Help for Heroes

A solider and biker who lost both legs and an arm in an explosion in Afghanistan will be leading a procession of other bikers on a specially-adapted trike from Lands End to John O’Groats, and they want others to join them along the way. The trip is called The Numbumrun and will take place during the August Bank Holiday weekend, with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (21 January 2010 13:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

The BEST of British

Their pay is poor (putting it politely)  and their accomodation (in the UK) ranges from basic (at best) to a disgrace and yet they soldier on.

I wish Andy the very best of luck; his courage, and that of his comrades, is simply awe inspiring.

I'm off to look at the numbumrun site...

Reply to this Topic
GarethOlley

Aug 05

GarethOlley says:

NumBumRun

This is a great idea and sounds like it is going to involve a great gang of people and most importantly, for a great cause!!! Good luck guys!! ;-)

Reply to this Topic
superpike

Dec 08

superpike says:

Respect

I wish Andy all the best on this mammoth ride as I've lost close freinds who served in the middle east within the British Armed forces. I personally respect these men & women because I know the dangers involved in their over sea's duties & would like to join this ride but can not due to racing commitments.

If you can join in, either my making a donation or taking part. It's all for a good cause.

Reply to this Topic
GarethOlley

Aug 05

GarethOlley says:

Done!

Well, what a fantastic event! I was lucky enough to lead Andy and the rest of the Team from Lands End to John O'Groats, having been sent along as a representative of the road safety initiative RideSafe BackSafe.

The support along the way was phenomenal - and those who rode with us, I know, will be talking about this event for a long time, as it was a very special and emotional trip!

Well done to all who showed their support and who made for a fantastic and safe trip, and well done to Andy for showing everyone that no matter what knocks you down it is still possible to get up and carry on with your life! (Oh, and now the Red Arrows are copying us - but I bet they don't get any motorways closed like us!)

It's just a shame that the media were such a let down - they don't know what they've missed out on!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices