Skip to content

Discuss This Barn Corner gets run-off British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Barn Corner gets run-off

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Barn Corner gets run-off

It’s one of those things you never thought possible. The exit of Barn Corner at Cadwell - with proper run-off.  While everyone has been wrapped up, concentrating on who’s riding what in 2010 and how the new rules will affect BSB, circuit owner Jonathan Palmer has continued to strive for ever safer circuits. Creating the run-off required thousands of tons of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 January 2010 09:00)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

another example of the progressive, step-by-step improvements implemented by palmer - well done that man!

Reply to this Topic
oliverdupuy

Jul 04

oliverdupuy says:

I am generally against the taming of circuits because if you make them so safe you can crash anywhere it takes the challenge away.

But I have to say Barn was one of those corners that was too dangerous, it needed doing for years and kudos to JP for again pushing to improve standards. Any chance of some power outlets in the paddock at Cadwell now please Mr Palmer. I know, I know, you just can't please some people.........

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

the lake !

there has always been run off it was the lake !! joking apart its still one of the most challenging and exciting circuits anywhere ,could you imagine how the prima donnas of todays world circus would cope with cadwell ,its a shame because it would be great to see ! anyone who can remember Sheene or Gardner around there would tell you so

Reply to this Topic
spottywati

Jan 08

spottywati says:

Barn Corner

The improvement wont make barn any safer as 99% of accidents happen alot higher up on barn not on the staight ! I know i had two big crashes in my bsb 250 days.

Reply to this Topic
trackdayking

Mar 09

trackdayking says:

pits!

He should have dumped that rubble in the paddock and may be i could have knocked up some pits instead of standing in the piss*** rain.............just get some footing's in and get some blocks up tin roof electric in job done! now that's impressive not adding 5 meters of run off!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Spot on Spottywati

Try saying that 3 times fast! Seriously it has taken decades to get some little bits improved at our British circuits. Not that I want characterless chicane cluttered circuits (HATE THEM) but Barn needed sorting. A lot of needless pain dished out there over the years.

I like Spottywati was surprised when I saw what they had done. Reducing the chance of ricochet crashes exiting Barn is a good idea but the majority of crashes are, brake, tip in, lose front, BANG! Straight into a tyre wall? Just cutting down the forest so if you highside over the tyres you could at least land in the lake rather than being impaled in the trees must have long been a thought.

Oh well every little helps..... just no more chicanes ......... please!!! Silverstone is going the right way with this one getting rid of one of the worst chicanes in the world. Should be Mega, can't wait!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices