Skip to content

Discuss This Italian built Triumph Scrambler special in production Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Italian built Triumph Scrambler special in production

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Italian built Triumph Scrambler special in production

Milan based firm TPR have launched their first production special, this stunning Urban Scrambler. Based around the Triumph 800cc twin cylinder engine and Bonneville chassis the bike takes its inspiration from scramblers of the 50’s and 60’s. The hi-level exhausts that exit both sides of the bike, polished number boards and detailed finish set the bike apart from the hundreds of other...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 January 2010 15:29)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Why?

£12,000 ? for what? an impractical a**e burner exhaust, a bit of black paint, an awful seat and that will be £5,000 more than a standard one please..! Have a look at the Norman Hyde catalogue (no connection with me) or some of the many "dealer specials". In another magazine, I have been following a series called "Motorcycles and how to damage them" - looks like someone took it seriously!

Reply to this Topic
bobthecat

Aug 02

bobthecat says:

Looks crap, nothing blends together total mismatch of items, the designer must have had a night on the beer

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

How much

You can buy a proper motorbike for that money.... ie something from KTM,great build quality, huge grin factor and have enough money to pay for a trip around europe as well :-)

Reply to this Topic
Onyourbike

Jul 09

Onyourbike says:

Knees

At leat your knees would never be cold again :oP but £12K is a *stoopid* amount of cash for something not that special but I guess these guys are looking at the Deus machines based on the SK400/Thruxton/Bonnie and using that as a benchmark??

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

How Much!

Not for me I'm afraid, aren't special editions supposed to look better than the standard? not here clearly, Bobthecats right, a few too many 'light ales' the night before methinks -  this is only what people who hadn't noticed the red plug leads, carb tops, and general coolness of the bike would say....

Eh eh eh... the perfect crime

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

Not just a tarted up scrambler

I agree that the bike is expensive but that's more to do with the stength of the Euro than the quality of the build. Many of the parts are handmade which makes it unique compared to the scores of Scrambler 'specials' out there fitted with cheap, mass produced aftermarket bits. Even if you don't like the style you can still appreciate the detail and craft.

Also, I missed out the fact that the buider Pietro Figini has also tweaked the engine to produce an extra 8hp. Not earth shattering but you'll be able to feel the difference over stock. 

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Ped.

After reading your reply I spent a few minutes looking more closely at the pictures - Kinda feel a bit daft now as on reflection I quite like it. Although I could edit my previous comment so nobody will know and cover my tracks....

Reply to this Topic
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

No worries...

Thanks fella. As you say, it's got a certain charm.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices