Skip to content

Discuss This Silverstone World Superbike round confirmed World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Silverstone World Superbike round confirmed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Silverstone World Superbike round confirmed

Silverstone will host the British round of the World Superbike championship in 2010, as was revealed by MCN earlier this week. Originally scheduled to take place at crisis-hit Donington Park on August 1, it will now take place at Silverstone on the same date. It means that the Northamptonshire circuit is now the undisputed number one venue for British bike racing, with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 January 2010 16:29)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Big-Gixxer-Pix

Aug 08

Express well said, and Cosher I do understand but its Donington ( Was home of bike racing ) Clarkson shame on you....!

Clarkson where I go and what I do at club racing, bsb, wsb's and Gp's is my lookout..I support all that's English and British...Sounds like you been nowhere !

You're just a knocker that hates Donington ( Have you even struck at donington ? Could you not get Coppice, foggy's, loop or goddard's right ? Did you fall off ? Tchee... Even some of us get it wrong sometimes... )  Grow up and act your shoe size... Perhaps you haven't seen enough races there...

Throw your teddy out the pram if you want, I'll strike at Donington again even if its on a dirt bike or on Gixxer thou, even if I have to break in...

Time will tell...

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i too advocate that having only Silverstone as a major international motorsport venue in the UK is not a good situation - i believe that Donny is best placed to be the second best venue in the country (if it can be sorted out), even ahead of Brands.  i'm just being realistic about Donnys future - believe me, if i had millions burning a hole in my back pocket, i'd be one of the first people on the phone to the Wheatcrofts.  as i've posted many times on MCN, in an ideal world, F1 would be at Silverstone, MotoGP at Donny and WSB at Brands - but what we want and what we get aren't necessarily the same ...

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

CosherB

CosherB

Silverstone really looks as though they are committed to making it a very fast bike track indeed

I don't doubt there commitment or intentions now Ive seen the pictures

Add to that the excellent modern facilities and road infrastructure both WSB and BSB and Mgp should be crackers and if they put up plenty of screens it will be megga

Have you any pictures of the newish Angelsy circuit

i also see that brands have been spending big bucks to resurface and i do agree with some of the other comments that it is not healthy to have one circuit with the rights to all International meetings but they seem to have delivered the goods at Silverstone.

With the only other realistic owner being Palmer who is capable of running a world event a 2nd round at brands would be good for competition but i dont think we will ever see WSB at Brands again? But if he Buys Donnington (not leases) who knows

The Donnington Track itself is not too bad apart from the hairpin but the Infrastructure and facility's are criminally appalling! but given time i think Palmer could turn it round as the only way it can survive is if more money comes in than goes out and you need big crowds to make that happen.

it a good fun debate though

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

superbol

superbol

last years BSB camping was behind the start and finish grand stand with hot showers etc

(I KNOW THE ONE YOU MEEN AS WE STAYED IN THE GOLF CLUB SITE AT THE LAST WSB)

a half decent band in the paddock bar (free entry) and the beer was not a rip off

you could take what you liked into the camp site (gas Barby's with 13kg bottles etc)

i asked about the mgp camping for this year and i have been told the furthest away it will be is a 5 min walk but on silverstones property WE WILL HAVE TO SEE

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

mike27 I Agree

mike27 says

Donington

Can I be the only race fan happy that we are leaving behind Donington Park? Terrible facilities - each year, I said I wouldn't go back, but of course you do - only chance to see Motogp in the UK, etc.

For a while, I did refer to it as a "toilet" which of course is misleading. Many toilets are well-maintained and demonstrate the care and consideration the owner feels towards their customers. Such a description of this venue is wholly misleading.

Donington is a terrible place - they have gotten what they deserve!

MIKE 27

I agree with you as do many tens of thousands of proper race fans who attend these major events live a few locals stand up for it in its current state but the facts are the facts

i don't totally hate the place because if it found a good owner who knows how to give good customer care and value for money it could be saved. But it has so much against it and i would be amazed if the Airport don't seize the opportunity to buy it, i see in the press that planning applications have been submitted for the extra parking of up to 600 cars for the air port  in Donington circuit grounds?

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Clarkson

Thank you for your reply on camping at the BSB round ,it was great the first 2 years of  the Worldsupers but that graveyard golf club campsite arrrggg! As for Donnie I HAd some great times but the place was crap n a rip off last year at the Worldsupers so only time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Donington should be saved

After a very long think ,I feel that Donnnie must be kept open (and i think its a sh*t hole) mainly because if it were to shut that would be a victory to the tree hugging .anti motorbike  anti noise lefty brigade . They`re doing their best to stop our fun by the means of police harrassment on the road and noise orders given to tracks when houses were built after  tracks have been well established.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

superbol

superbol

the best meeting of late i had at Donny was the mega wet gp they moved camp site at the last minute it was a great at-mo it was when Toseland played with his band and the oasis tribute band played in the main hall (they still charged when Brands does the bands for free) about 4 years ago i think

the following year was a total rip off  with no bands just tosey playing in the crap starky's bar filthy showers full up bogs total rip off.

why the fu** did the change it all ????????????????

i know exactly what you mean about the golf club camp site "why do circuit owners do this?"

you want to try some Classic pure road race meetings in Belgium for great camp sites with brilliant bands and spaced out mad Dutchmen called lego heads etc all for £25 for 3 days its megga and brilliant

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices