You are in... Forums > General > General > CBR600RR full service

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

CBR600RR full service

hey guys called in at this garage on way home where i know mechanic from where i used to take my bike he has now set up his own shop. So i called in to see how much the would charge me for  full service which involves checking the valves and a apir of michelin pilot pwoers 2ct and also for him to derestrict my bike( i wont be getting all this done until july just need to know so i can save up for it.)

He said he'd do it all for £500 i think that sounds really reasonable what do you think.

this all includes doing coolant, brake fluid, stripping brake calipers down and cleaning them all, air filter, oil, oil filter, spark plugs( NGK Iridiums), doing the valves and reming the restrictor kit and finally fitting the michelin pilot powers 2ct

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 January 2010 16:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

job lot

Could you give me his business no please.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

think

its becaus ei know him from other garage he worked at and since he set up his own i go there now so like a mates rate thing im guessing :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

id rip his arm off and

hit him with the soggy end!!  all that INCLUDING the hoops!?!  they gotta be £150... the plugs are bout 35-40 a set.. with oil, filters etc.. your looking round the 3-350 for parts alone!! 

good deal i say!!! 

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

well

ive priced it up and it seems i can get all the parts to do it myself for £113 and the only bit i can't do myself is the valve clearences but i got a mate that can do as he does all his own bikes hes got 5 or 6 so if he can do it cheapely for me might get him to do it and just get the tyres form garage fitted.

If it works out right should be able to save myself £100

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

lucas

Sound yer getting good deal

Ok yer may save hun smackers do yer self but time fanny about is it worth getting into bother doing it yerself?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

lucas..

just make sure that v.a.t...is included in that price,or you might get a nasty shock.

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

oldish

it is mate think im going to take it to garage because i looked into it more and if valves need adjusting got to get shims etc fo rit so i'll just let him do it all :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

and

in your first post you said bout tyres aswell in the 500 price.. im gonna assume your £113 doesnt include the tyres and fitting valve n balance!! once you add those on.. its still a good deal from ya mate.. and, if it aint right.. at least you can go back to him n get him to sort it!!

Reply to this Topic
Bozgeezer

May 08

Bozgeezer says:

Perhaps..........

we cab start a serviceing prices war here. Or just compare parts/labour prices.

P&H Crawley done my CB600RR8 4000 mile service for £125.   New rear tire extra £143 fitted (BT015)

Only parts I have bought for my bike are genuine oil filter £8, Castrol synthetic good stuff £33 for 4 Litres (enough to do 2 oil & filter changes if you but another litre bottle for £10). Sump drain bolt ally washer 35p.

Only shock was plastic clips for fairing £2.31 each and was gonna stock up on them thinking they would be pennies. never understand parts prices.:huh:

Reply to this Topic
fastasfox

Jan 08

fastasfox says:

hoops

pilot powers are at best £180 oil £35/£40 plugs another £25 plus filter etc etc and labour at around £40/£50 ph no that aint bad at all. I think the only way to get it cheaper is to DIY.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle