Skip to content

Discuss This New Yamaha FZ8 revealed in leaked pictures New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Yamaha FZ8 revealed in leaked pictures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Yamaha FZ8 revealed in leaked pictures

Yamaha’s new FZ8 Fazer has been fully revealed in this set of leaked pictures. The new bike, due to be officially unveiled in the summer as a replacement for the FZ6 Fazer, had until now only been partially revealed with two teaser shots released by Yamaha of just the nose.    But these new pictures, believed to have been leaked to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 January 2010 13:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RealMeanMachine

Jan 10

Ruxxy

Wow I am really sorry I didnt realise that you have had 2 Yamaha's!

Any way how good does that FZ8 look, all new stand alone motor, all the best styling bits of the FZ1 with a few touches to make it better and enough to ditinguish it with out trying to reinvent something that works!

What a choice XJ6 Diversion, FZ8 or FZ1 I miss the FZ6 but hey the Diversion is awesome value!

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

the 450...

..with its swanky new reverse cylinder technology is quite a large departure from the normal off road layout and is almost as big a revolution in off road bikes as Honda's push to the four stroke CRF a few years ago This could feasibly be a technology that (like the CRF unicam system employed on the new VFR) could be seen on a road bike in the near future. While a makes race success is not a reason to purchase their road bikes I wouldn't discount their contribution to road bike development. Race teams and off road development are a good place to see what new technologies work, as they tend not to have all the development costs of putting a bike on the road, manufacturers can take risks and if they pay off you may see them on your next road bike. a la the X-plane crank. Without these teams, bike development be largely stagnant.

Reply to this Topic
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

2010 FZ1

Real mean machine...Which Yamaha dealership do you work at?..Haha
I still think Yamaha could have just not bothered sleeving down the engine & called it the 2010 FZ1.
Guess Yamaha are just trying to save money by getting rid of the outgoing 600 Fazer engine.

Would have save them a fortune in marketing hype
Unless next year Yamaha bring out a R1 cross plane crank radial brakes FZ1... I would then understand why they have done the 800 Fazer.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

FZ8

Surely a shift to get a few 800cc proddy machines from the MotoGP research?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few limited edition Yammy R8's based on the R1, in the pipeline too, before they switch back to 1litres...

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

real mean machine

The new DIvvie does tick all the right boxes. It's predecessor was one of the Yamaha's I owned that you so politely pointed out. Thank you. It was a brilliant introduction into bikes and the naked looks good too.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Confused?!?

I wonder why Yamaha decided to put their GP technology into the Fazer and give us an 800 Fazer. To my way of thinking they should have developed the 1000 and be ready for when GP's go to 1000cc. Having the R1 and and the big FZ1 developed from GP wizardry makes more sense as the 800 will be put out to pasture soon. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices