Skip to content

Discuss This Crutchlow: “I thought I was on fire” World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Crutchlow: “I thought I was on fire”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Crutchlow: “I thought I was on fire”

Cal Crutchlow has revealed that he was lucky to escape serious injury when he crashed in the final session of the three day test in Portimao. The 24 year old Brit low sided his factory Yamaha R1 in the final corner.Speaking to MCN he said: “It was a 130mph crash. Where the grandstand ends on the outside of the track...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 January 2010 14:41)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motoxmad80

Aug 09

motoxmad80 says:

glad no broken bones.

Glad there was no broken bones! good to see the brits at the top.

Where was JT? Hope all the brits do well. Cal is my fav rider, but Leon should give him good run, along with rea.

Shakeys kool, if he gets the equipment he needs?!

Camier should be gettin sum podiums by middle of the season.

Reply to this Topic
ryan57

Aug 08

ryan57 says:

Brits

Great to hear that cal's doning so well on the big bikes and to of gotten away with that crash without any injeries.Glad to see all the brits doing so well. To answer Motoxmad80 JT was 6th fastest so not that bad. hope Rea, Sheaky,Cal, JT, Sykes and the 2 Leons going so great. Camier will be fast on the Aprilia well faster than Nakano last year and hope to see Sykes to get closer to the front this year he did great on the 2nd day of testing in the wet with the 4th fastest time. Good luck to allRiders for the coming season.

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Top Man

This is why I love this sport, the guy has a huge crash, and then jumps stright onto his second bike, no fuss. These guys are so determined to be No1, much unlike other sports where most people would have rolled around in the gravel holding their ankle whilst crying

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Crutchlow just ticks all the boxes, simple as that. Built a bit like Pedrosa as well, but not fragile like the Spaniard and as brave as they come (well he is a Brit).. He is going far but then pundits like Larry Carter of Road Racer Magazine tipped him for MotoGP stardom long ago.

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

Cal is a Nice guy and a Great Rider, but he is prone to making mistakes and crashing on the Superbikes, In BSB he made quite a few mistakes mostly clipping kerbs with the engine casing etc. I think he may finish approx 6th at the end of the year.

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Speeling lssuns

I think your reporters need sum speeling lessuns don't you ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices