You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > Front Forks lacquer worming

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kellyt

Oct 09

kellyt says:

Front Forks lacquer worming

Hi, my Triumph Speedmaster suffers with lacquer worming problems on the lower forks, top yoke & risers they have been changed 5 times under warranty but the worming keeps coming back, the warranty is almost out and I don't want to be left with this worming - is there anything I can do like remove the lacquer and just polish the aluminium them or maybe get them chromed?

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 January 2010 21:02)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

worming

I thought trumpets were the bogs dollacks?:shock: My suzuki gsx is showing signs as well:upset: I`ve seen older ones with the lacquer removed and just polished,also some have been chromed but it`s expensive.Your replacements should be warranted anyway and you should have received compensation for the pissing about.I suggest you ask them to get them chromed and pay the difference between new ones and getting some chromed.:shock: 

Reply to this Topic
kellyt

Oct 09

kellyt says:

Triumph will not supply chromed nor stripped & polishes ones, all they will do is replace like for like although they did say that they will be sympathic about claims outside the warranty period  :doubt:.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

worming

My worming is a pattern occuring underneath the laquer,it looks like varicose veins,wriggly worms or blotchy lines.

Reply to this Topic
kellyt

Oct 09

kellyt says:

Does anyone know the best way to remove the lacquer from the fork tubes?

Reply to this Topic
welshman3

Nov 10

welshman3 says:

worming

i have the same on my year old america ,its being done under warranty if it goes again will stip off laquer and polish the alluiminium as sugested by triumph .They told me its their supplier who will not alter the laquering process but other models have painted forks .stripping back and polishing is the best and it should look awsome .:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices