Skip to content

Discuss This Golf cart motors to power Roehr eSuperbike New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Golf cart motors to power Roehr eSuperbike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Golf cart motors to power Roehr eSuperbike

US manufacturer Roehr have released further details of its two battery powered sportsbikes due to go on sale in spring 2010. Both machines use the same 35kilowatt AC motors originating from a company called Hi Performance Golf Cars. The Roehr eSupersport motor produces 48 horsepower, the eSuperbike with dual motors, 96 horsepower and 210ftlbs of torque. The batteries in the bikes are Chinese-made...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 January 2010 16:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yorkshiremonkey

Feb 09

Apro Zorst?

Why does it have an exhaust?

Reply to this Topic
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

Exhaust?

The photo is of the 1250cc superbike. Photos of the electric motorcycles haven't yet been released.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I love these electric concepts. Green is the way to go. My only concern is not beeing heard by car drivers. Bikers are already vulnerable even with loud pipes...maybe sticking playing cards in the wheels like we did on our bicycles to make noise, might help :)

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hhmm......... range????

130-140mph at 30mph doesn't sound too bad but a cursory estimation suggests that means a range of around 65 miles at 42mph and only 32 miles if travelling at 60mph. At top wack i suspect its range could be in single figures.

Reply to this Topic
orkney_rob

Jul 08

orkney_rob says:

Noise?

Doesn't really make a difference - I met an old boy on a vintage big single today down a country lane - didn't hear him at all until I wound the window down.  That thing was LOUD when it went past, so I don't buy the needing noisy bikes for safety arguement.

The only barrier I see to these electric bikes/vehicles in general is the range and recharge time (on pure electric machines).  It makes them no use to me as I don't have power to my garage so can't recharge and quite often do much larger mileage per day than a battery can provide.  I shall watch developments with interest though.

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

What range?

I guess I won't be doing any long distance touring on these eBikes.  No more 900 mile days.  I'd never get where I'm going if I have to stop for a recharge all the time and for who knows how long.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Crikey thats quick...

Both bikes will be in US Showrooms by April (Err you mean I could buy stock in 3 months time if I was American?). If thats the case shouldn't demo units be out there already and reviewed?

At the moment the range underlines that this isn't a good application (the Superbike idea)  for electric power - how many people who buy a 96BHP bike ride it at 30mph all the time? As a rough calculation if it needs 3HP at 30mph and 15BHP at 70mph thats a range of about 30 miles at 70. If you include the usual acceleration and breaking that shows agreement with spondonste. Its a horrific shame because I would dearly love to have a real electric motorbike and the price point its set at isn't too bad.

Fascinating project though and I wish them well. Particularly in the TTXGP.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Roehr eSuperbike

I know a lot of riders like to echo that loud pipes save lives but it's been shown that isn't really the case. It serves more as an argument for having them. It's being seen that the all important factor. While range is certainly a factor on these bikes can you imagine that kind of torque when you first turn the rheostat up?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices