Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 MotoGP entry list released MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2010 MotoGP entry list released

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2010 MotoGP entry list released

As expected, only 17 riders will start the 2010 MotoGP world championship with all eyes on the hugely anticipated title scrap between Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo, Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa. While the Aspar Ducati and Interwetten Honda teams will join the premier class field in 2010, there is no Hayate or Scot who finished the 2009 campaign. Aside from the expected...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 January 2010 17:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Moto GP + WSB = The Business

With production based 1000cc moters coming soon to MotoGP it would be best to bite the bullet, bin MotoGP, throw away the WSB baffles and combine the 2 in to one class.

Now that would be wirth paying to see.

And include the TT as a World Championship round with double points so that those who can only ride Go Kart tracks get hammered if they bottle it and don't go.

Reply to this Topic
TheFan

Sep 09

TheFan says:

pedrosa

why do they all ways include danni pedrosa in the title scrap he will never do it simple as that he's not one of the alians either theres 3 alians rossi lorenzo and stoner then pedrosa then everyone else

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Go Stig!

Mr. Stig good input......... Any reasonably savvy fan knew the Moto GP grid was going to be very sparse again this year. What scared the hell out of me was the 125 entry list!!! The 250's sadly put to rest and then we could see a bad year in 125's?

I remember watching Laguna Seca back in about 1988 I believe and there were only 15 bikes on the grid and I reeled back in horror! But then that was more to do with the privateers not having the budget to do the USA. European grids were still healthy and in the mid 20's at most rounds. But then there were packed 250 and 125 grids of 34 +.

There is no doubt that there will be races this year with only 15 starters with practice injuries etc. The real thing that concerns me about this "World Championship" is a rule change that should have been implemented last year let alone this season yet the Dorna/FIM knobs haven't even mentioned it! Forget eliminating rider aides, having proddie engines, fuel allowances, and single tyre rules. I don't want to watch a championship where there are 17 starters where one can break down, one can crash and everyone else scores points!!! ??? WTF ???

If the grid is that low surely anyone must agree that points should not be awarded beyond the top 50 maybe 60% of finishers. Maybe they should even go back to the old 15 - 12 - 10 - 9 - etc points system. Why the hell should someone finishing 11th out of 16 or 17 riders score 5 points? They could do that for all 17 rounds and almost look like they achieved something in the final standings?  MOTO GP needs to make the losers ride harder for what scraps of points they can get. Maybe we would see more action. Riders (and even some media) now still talk like finishing in the top ten is an achievement!!! Sad how the press would get excited if JT got near a top ten last year...... surely no surprise when he was nearly starting there? I am certain some of the riders don't believe they can ever beat the aliens but serve them up the prospect of getting nothing unless they finish 8th or better.......??? Mentally they may compete or try harder so they don't have to go in to see the team manager half way through the season and still have a big fat zero in their and the teams account. Fix it now please!!!

Reply to this Topic
anyonebutmurray

Jan 10

MotoGp

Out of 18 riders (including McCoy), 5 ITA, 5 SPA,  3 USA, 2 AUS, 3 odds and sods (literally!). Who says your passport does'nt count? It's all too boring and predictable - only the diehards will pay to watch this. As for Moto2, the WSS bikes are faster, so how can this be a pinnacle of performance which is what this series is supposed to represent?

Let's scrap WSP and MotoGp and replace with one proper championship, with a max bore size of 81mm and anything else you can do what you want, ie a prototype or a production-based bike. Lets then see 40 bikes on the grid and something other than Italian, Spanish and Americans on the grid.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachris79

Oct 09

ninjachris79 says:

BORE!!!!

Can honestly say this is the 1st year that i have not really looked forward to the MotoGP season. Everyone is right 17 riders is nothing short of an effing joke.

It will be the usual VR, Lorenzo and stoner show, with whoever falls off less winning the title, with Pedrosa coming a predictable 4th behind the Aliens. don't get me worng VR is a living legend but even he must be getting pi**ed off with this circus that is motogp now.

I will be putting my hard earned money into going to watch WSB and BSB this year.

Good luck to all the GB riders in WSB this year. Should be a great year.

MotoGP = Bore off

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle