You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Scala Rider

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

madasaskaven

Nov 09

madasaskaven says:

Scala Rider

Just a quick question does any one know it these can be paired with a Tom Tom 750 Live please. It would save me buying a seperate sat nav for my bike as I could use the one I have for my car.

Mick:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 February 2010 10:41)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
morpheus20170

Aug 07

Scala rider

Should work but I have also been thinking of a cheap way to have sat nav on my bike.

I eventually went for the Tom Tom Go 730 which also has 3.5mm audio out. I have looked at So Easy Rider V3, Ibike Rider and different ram mounts as I have a Honda CBR600RR which isn't as easy to secure it to as a bike with handlebars but I have been warned about vibrations as the car sat navs don't have damping in the casing like the Tom Tom rider does. There is a guy called Bob Telfer, he has a company called Telferizer which makes mounts for all types of bikes but I am still concerned with the vibrations. Then there is listening to the instructions. With audio out through either 3.5mm jack or bluetooth it is easier but it is dependant also on what I use to hold the satnav on the bike and whether to have voice also. Lastly there is how to power it. You can get hardwire cables from Buybits.com but then need to wire it in by preferably not using the battery directly as that could cause unwanted drain.

Please let me know if you have any ideas and any luck with a bluetooth headset? Cheers, Paul

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices