Skip to content

Discuss This Why BSB’s radical new points structure is a winner British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Why BSB’s radical new points structure is a winner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Why BSB’s radical new points structure is a winner

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship has a radical, not to mention complicated, new championship points structure for 2010. It’s all been done with one aim in mind – to spice up the championship in the closing stages of the season, when, as we saw only too well last year, things can tend to get a little stagnant if someone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 February 2010 15:55)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

points structure

this is a load of bol**x... they had this nonsense in the Ama and all it did was confuse its tinkering for tinkering sake and will add nothing...

Reply to this Topic
Tomsk46

Jan 09

Tomsk46 says:

Utter Shite

What a load of cock

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Utter nonsense

What happens if.....?

Say that someone puts together a really dominant first part of the season and builds of a good points lead - maybe 100 points plus. Then on the warm up lap for the first race of the race-off part of the season, an Australian on a works Honda suffers a mystery brake failure and cleans them up - causing them to break their collarbone.

They then have to miss two rounds to have it plated and recover.

They have now lost any chance at all of winning the championship. A championship that they have dominated up to that point and could still have a chance of winning.

It isn't right and it isn't fair.

This is a decision made based purely on money - not on the sport.

Camier was much better than the rest last year - that's why he won by such a margin. The record books will show that the best rider utterly dominated. This is also why he is now Max Biaggi's team mate. 

This was no reason to go messing with the points scheme.

It's like something that Blair or Brown would have cooked up - ill conceived with the intention of leveling everyone so that mediocrity has a chance of winning. Racing and life aren't about taking part - they are about winning. You don't attend a job interview for the satisfaction of taking part do you?

Reply to this Topic
green636

Jan 03

green636 says:

"Why BSB’s radical new points structure is a winner ..."

Read a few different forums with regards to these new rules/point structure and the general opinion seems to be WTF!!!

Oh, and thanks MCN for using your wonderfull reporting skills and taking sound-bites out of some BSB press handout...that's what it is, isnt it??!! Cant upset the 'powers that be' can you...

F*ck ups and arse kissers... 

Reply to this Topic
dickthebuttockscruttock

Feb 03

WHY???????

Another totally hair-brained idea thought up by some tosser sat behind a desk who has no idea about motorcycle sport.  Just leave the boys to get on with their championship challenge ffs.  If someone romps off with the championship..... tough shit.  As long as they dont cheat, fair play to them.  You are always going to get a mixture of close seasons, and whitewash seasons.......... shit happens.  Get over it pen pushing BSB organising numpties and let be what will be.

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

This story

just shows how far apart MCN and its readers have become - and THAT is why I no longer buy a copy.  I will flick through it at the supermarket - but I can't recall when there was enough in it to warrant buyng a opy.  I'm usually finished in less than 3 minutes!  Why would I want to buy a copy?

Seriously, MCN needs to regain some credibility.

Reply to this Topic
boonstock

Aug 02

boonstock says:

Why BSB’s radical new points structure is a winner

Who thinks’ this is a winner???????????????????????????????????
What a load of rubbish .... What has happened to BSB? The Evo class (especially if the rules are adopted across all bikes next season) will make BSB irrelevant as a feeder to WSB, and we will have no wild-carding.
This point system artificially manipulates the season. What happens if Croft, Silverstone & Oulton are your best circuits? You don’t score enough points in the other rounds to get into the ‘Title fighters’ group, but you may well have scored enough points to win the championship – under ‘normal’ rules!
This is bollox ... And just another nail in the coffin for our series. Any UK riders with any sense should now pursue European superstock etc. as a feeder to WSB.

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

well done

Just when moto gp is under fire for dwindling grid numbers bsb decides to turn championship into a 6 rider contest. Well done organisers NOT!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
motocollect

Apr 06

motocollect says:

Ask the riders

I assume the obvious has been done before deciding on this ridiculous points system? ........That is, to ask the riders, team owners, team managers & sponsors etc. ....I doubt it!

Reply to this Topic
motocollect

Apr 06

motocollect says:

Ask the riders

I assume the obvious has been done before deciding on this ridiculous points system? ........That is, to ask the riders, team owners, team managers & sponsors etc. ....I doubt it!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices