Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies happy with new Yamaha performance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies happy with new Yamaha performance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies happy with new Yamaha performance

Ben Spies believes his 2010 Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine will be a competitive package after he impressed again during winter testing in Sepang last week. The Texan made his debut on Yamaha’s new long life in-line four-cylinder motor in Malaysia last week and clocked the seventh best time overall, despite a severe bout of jetlag. The reigning World Superbike champion beat...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 February 2010 17:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superpike

Dec 08

superpike says:

Ben seems to be doing fell so fare but I hope that he avoids the pillfalls that killed JT's Moto GP career.

Best of lucky Dude for your 2010 season :)

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Spies

I dont think Ben will be over awed by anyone in motogp he knows hes better than the rest , which is a major obstacle for the british who have no self belief upto now

Reply to this Topic
fireflud

Sep 09

fireflud says:

behind?

I thought Ben was two places AHEAD in 5th place. not behind in 7th according to the article.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

SPIES

Im sure Ben is just being his normal low-keyed self.  There is no doubt ( for me) that he will be on the podium this year.  I feel he has a Moto GP championship in his not-too-distant future.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

He was ahead but behind

Spies was ahead of Colin on the last day but his time wasn't better than Colin's time the first day. So the article maybe going off overall time.

Reply to this Topic
TLRR

Jul 09

TLRR says:

Head protection

Ben wears Colin's RX7-GP with no brand logos.Is he ashamed of ARAI?!!!Interesting thing.

Reply to this Topic
ryanN

Jan 09

ryanN says:

Arai helmet.

It's not that he's ashamed to wear an Arai, probably the opposite in fact. He is/was sponsored by HJC helmets but I would say  he would like to use Arai. Therefore when he borrowed Colin's helmet he had to blank out the Arai logo just in case  he was wrongly assisiated with them. But no matter what he has on his head, he will do well this season. I predict 7th in the championship at the end of the season. 

Reply to this Topic
mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

Ben's helmet

The Tech 3 guys told us that Ben did actually start the test with a new HJC but it was too big. Apparently he likes his lid to be really tight fitting so he had to borrow Colin's Arai. They just covered the logo to avoid any sponsor clash. Colin uses an XS lid, so I guess it's a good job Ben likes his lid tight.

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Podium

Completely agree with mrblistershifter - I think we will see Spies on the podium this year. Can't wait to see him on a factory bike if this is what he can do on a satellite machine!

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

i said last year that ben will be a threat this year i say again he will win a couple of gps and finnish in the top 5 if not top 3 so do so what do you all think.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices