Skip to content

Discuss This Hoard of Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes found in Essex New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Hoard of Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes found in Essex

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Hoard of Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes found in Essex

MCN has discovered a secret hoard of 60 £25,000 Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes in a bunker in Essex.  Carl Fogarty – race team manager and figurehead of the ill-fated FP1 project – said when told the news: “You’re joking – that’s amazing!” It had been thought – and stated by the team – that the bikes were shipped to Malaysia...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 February 2010 14:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
semangatkersani

Feb 10

are you sure?

Are you sure about this?
Word is all unsold bikes are now in Malaysia, all properly accounted for and tagged.

Are the photos even current? The guy in dark suit has been back in Malaysia for ages, and it looks like an old photo to me.

could the photo be taken when the bikes were first manufactured?

Reply to this Topic
davidcoe

Jul 06

davidcoe says:

I'm not suprised...

that they've been found in the UK and particularly Essex as that's where the carbon bodywork was produced. There would have been hundreds of photo's around if they were made available to the public and having been involved in the road and race project all those years ago, I would (nearly) do anything to own this bike.

If there ever comes the opportunity MCN gets their hands on one of these to ride, please contact me - It would be a dream to actually ride the finished thing.

Reply to this Topic
nerdjack

Dec 10

nerdjack says:

Soon it will be

January 2011. Surprise!!....... :) Its really a surprise

Reply to this Topic
nerdjack

Dec 10

nerdjack says:

Whats the real failure?

I saw some people said that fp1 is the real failure in motorcycling history. Whats the real reason of failure? I can't see any reason of engineering failure. I can see a unique engineering on this prey. The only reason why they fail is because FIM change requirement after all setup.  fp1 reduced to 900cc to fulfill requirements and after all set, FIM allowed 1000cc in the championship. Do you know how Petronas felt after so much invesment and spirit to develop one of the kind Formula1 engineering inspired superbike?

Its just the matter of a guy in FIM said, "now we allow 1000cc" just after the fp1 engineer said,"we completely finished the most perfect 900cc machine in the world". I can imagine the face of the fp1 project leader right after FIM said so. He probably can say nothin for 1 hour at least after the announcement. lol.

Reply to this Topic
Jasri

Jun 12

Jasri says:

Petronas FP1-MOMOTO Prize Fighter

"Pre-Sale"... Petronas FP1-MOMOTO Prize Fighter

Dear friends, glad to be here. Just to share something with superbike FP1 lovers. We are now actually the owner of the legend Petronas FP1. We have the 150 bikes with us and looking forward to look for interested buyers. Kindly please e-mail me at jasri@momoto.com.my or jj_otllc@yahoo.com

Thanks.

MOMOTO SDN BHD, GTower, Level 14, 199 Jalan Tun Razak 50450 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA. Tel : +603 21681938 Fax : +603 21681824

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
Jasri

Jun 12

Jasri says:

Ready For Sale. MOMOTO MM1-Prize Fighter 900CC

Open For Sale.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy