Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha WSB team launch World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Yamaha WSB team launch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Yamaha WSB team launch

The factory Yamaha team of James Toseland and Cal Crutchlow unveiled their 2010 spec bikes complete with revised Sterilgarda livery in Italy today. Having won the 2009 WSB crown with American sensation Ben Spies, the factory backed team have outlined a host of changes to the bike in an effort to stay at the front of the class. The team claim...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 February 2010 15:58)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yamahayzr500

Jul 04

yamahayzr500 says:

WSB not prototype

Hold on a min

All this fuss about MotoGP bikes copying WSB production bikes
Lets put the boot on the other foot for a moment.

Changing the size and shape of the fuel tank, ect ect
No way are these WSB spec bikes anything like what WSB was when it conceived.

It seems to me that WSB spec bike should = Superstock 1,000 spec

A production bike is a production bike, yes change the pipes, yes tune the engine, but they change swing arms, and everything, forks, shocks even the chassis, I bet you can’t buy the chassis that WSB boys ride on from a dealer.

I love to watch both series but all the threats of going to court seem one sided to me.

If I was Ezpeleta I would give it back to Falmini with both barrels.

For us old boys, easy to understand example below
WSB = slightly mod street bike (LC 500)
MotoGP pure race bike (Yzr500)

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Spot On

Seconded Yamahayzr500 Superbikes are far removed from the road bikes we ride so far as to be silhouetted only .

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Thing Is....

You can buy all the bits on the bikes from after-market suppliers and set it up your self.

Adding to that, to get the real top-end sponsors interested with real money, you have to shopw your investment in the racing to keep them happy.

Besides, WSBK is a genuine, great organised sport with many disclipins.

MotoGP is mimicking WSBK for value ... yet they still attract bigger spnsorship deals

WSBK shouldnt change a thing....

(except get rid of the aggregate times and do flag-to-flag)

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

uuummm

i think it is going to be 2 race series doing the same races and running the same kit,which is where wsb (unless rossi retires) is going to find it harder and harder to get sponsors if the massive cost cutting is to be belived in motogp,then the sponsorship should be cheaper and on a close par with wsb and lets face it motogp has a much higher profile and a much bigger following....so if u were a sponsor and you could get your name out there in wsb or motogp for the same money which would choose?.....it`s a nobrainer that`s why wsb bosses are pissed off

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Buy All The Bits?

Yeah i could buy all the bits I could also lease a Honda Motogp bike .

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Lol Rich

A Honda HRC privateer motor alone (with no set up, no testing, nothing else but develeopment testing)

Costs at least £1M

with some HRC extra's for the team, double that .....

Sadly you all are missing the point

The amount of cash Casey Stoner was on when he wion the 2007 title on a Factory Ducty wouldn't even put him ANY GP2 race car ....

wanna argue money?

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

By eck that rear end is minging. But WSB is the best championship in the world, I preferred the one lap Superpole format though.

Reply to this Topic
bluepetes

Sep 09

bluepetes says:

james toseland is no ben spies i think it will be a diferant season for 2010

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

My Point

My point with the leasing of a gp bike was that yes its possible to get all the parts that make up the factory yamaha wsb bike but it would cost alot of money having a fram made etc , theyre not readily available theyre racing prototypes

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Good luck to the Brit pack in 2010. Should be a very interesting bike racing season, with all the Brits in WSB, the new Moto2 class and even BSB should be exciting with the new rules. I can't wait.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices