Skip to content

Discuss This Harley XR1200 gets Storz Performance make-over Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Harley XR1200 gets Storz Performance make-over

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Harley XR1200 gets Storz Performance make-over

Harley-Davidson’s XR1200 flat-track style road bike has been given a complete performance and handling makeover by American firm Storz Performance. Find a Harley-Davidson XR1200 for sale The basic 2010 XR1200 has had work done to suspension, wheels, brakes, exhaust, handlebars and seat unit. This show bike has just been finished by Steve Storz – boss of the Storz Performance; an American firm...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 February 2010 17:23)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Im really not a Harley enthousiast, but this is one nice upgrade! If harley made it like this stock, on the volume it probably wouldn't have cost THAT MUCH more per unit...but the bike would have been really improved. That's a nice lookin bike.

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

You're right.  It wouldn't cost that much more to do it up like that from the start.  Unfortunately it doesn't fit their business model.  They don't make that much money selling bikes.  They do make a lot more money selling P & A.  The whole Screaming Eagle division would get chopped if they offered the public what they wanted right off the floor.  Like I said, it's not their business model.  But as everyone has seen in recent years, the number of suckers willing to easily part with their cash are becoming fewer and fewer.  Customers aren't putting up with that anymore so they're going elsewhere.  The SE division as a result will likely get chopped down to 1/10 the size in due time and HD will have to start building it with better performance from the start or face losing all their customers, period.  Time will tell.

BTW, I believe Storz actually makes the bits for the stock XR1200 for HD.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Right On....

Its the first Harley i've ever wanted to own and ride.  Harley should have kept Buell and let them build this bike. How about some lumpy cams,  big carbs and ported heads ?  Really nice.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

hardly dangerous son

I've never liked Harleys, but I have ALWAYS like the STORZ specials. The shape and line of the pipes are gorgeous.

Reply to this Topic
halffast

Dec 09

halffast says:

Original Storz Harley XR1200 For Sale

Here's the original Storz bike that started it all - Steve's personal bike for sale in California. http://www.flemingsultimategarage.com/2007-storz-xr1200-performance-dirt-tracker-c-1136.htm

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices