Skip to content

Discuss This Top 10 best handling nakeds First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Top 10 best handling nakeds

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Top 10 best handling nakeds

More than 12,000 MCN readers have responded to our Biking Britain survey this year, and their combined scores on the bikes they own and love (or hate) have allowed us to put together this definitive list of your top 10 best handling naked bikes.   Find a naked bike for sale now Here are the bikes that topped your list of the sweetest handling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 February 2010 16:22)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I love my Speed, but I also keep in mind that this is a Britain survey, and like with previous surveys, Triumph are always in the top 3. I think they do build amazing bikes ( I know I LOVE mine), but I think a part of the results might also have to do with where the survey is done. One thing Im surprised with is seeing the Speed Triple in front of the Street Triple on handling. I haven't tried the Street but from what I've heard it's one of the best handling bikes out there, thinner and lighter then the Speed Triple...

Not surprised to see the Super Duke in #1, wish I could test ride one of those...

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

no brutale?!  OK, expensive and rare, but surely that has to be in a top ten?

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

No Duc Street fighter either?  I know that thing handles very well.  Better than the Speed Triple anyway.

Reply to this Topic
obsceneuk

May 09

obsceneuk says:

No Honda Hornet ?

Reply to this Topic
eltonio

Jan 03

eltonio says:

Where is Aprilia Tuono ?

Where is Aprilia Tuono ,winner of almost every naked test`s ???

Reply to this Topic
eltonio

Jan 03

eltonio says:

my own test`s of course :)

Reply to this Topic
Guigsy

Jan 06

Guigsy says:

FZ6?

Sorry but I had an '04 FZ6 and it should not be on here.  It was great in straight line and it was OK on race-track smooth sweepers.  Just try to hussle it through the twisties or an 'average' british road (even before the last winter).  Even minor ripples push the front wide and make it feel totally disconnected from the front.  The on/off fuelling didn't help either.

Where are the Buells?

Reply to this Topic
Morgano

Nov 09

Morgano says:

CB1300?

Honda CB1300? for handling.. infront of them Triumphs, come on MCN you must be making it up... I love my Aprilia Pegaso Strada £3K for an '09 plate corners on a coin. But it seems on the whole us Brits like a 4Cylinder 600cc. Each to their own but I don't agree.

Reply to this Topic
fmaxwell

Dec 07

fmaxwell says:

It's a popularity, not handling, contest

As others have said, no Aprilia Tuono R. No MV Agusta Brutale. I'll add: No Buell 1125CR (or even Lightning)? No Ducati Hypermotard or Streetfighter? Not even a Ducati Monster? Come on! And the CB1300, FZ1, FZ6, and ER-6n? Come on! They're okay, but they aren't superior (or even close to) the bikes I (and others) mentioned.

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

This is clearly nonsense. Honda's best handling naked the CB1300?? Better handling than the Hornet, CB1000R or even CBF600, I doubt it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle