Skip to content

Discuss This Suzi Perry Quits MotoGP on BBC General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Suzi Perry Quits MotoGP on BBC

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzi Perry Quits MotoGP on BBC

Fans’ favourite Suzi Perry has quit MotoGP on the BBC in what she told MCN was the ‘most agonising decision’ of her life. Have your say in our poll: Who should replace Suzi Perry? After 13 years as the face of motorcycle racing, the 39-year-old will not present the BBC’s MotoGP coverage this season and instead will concentrate on her television career...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 February 2010 09:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
suzyV

Sep 09

suzyV says:

one down 2 to go!

Not sad to see the bint go actually. .  I watch for bike action and didn't much care for her faffing and flirting around in the paddock.  Oh and I do so hope the previous poster is correct in his info of that dreary prat cox!  Stavros is bearable but only just -  in my opinion of course.

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak

Nov 07

Suzie Perry quits Bike Racing

Can't say she brought much to the sport for me as a viewer.

Stavros is bearable but Charlie I found mildly irritating & he had little knowledge of bikes as far as I could tell - I hope he's gone too to be honest.

Whoever replaces these two I hope can talk about bike racing from personal experience or atleast from a deep knowledge base - pity the BBC can't afford the Eurosport pairing - forgotten their names but they're the perfect duo for bike racing commentary in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
TheRash

May 08

TheRash says:

She got BORED with MotoGP

13 years is a long time to watch a sport as it gets more and more BORING. She should get a job with WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

i thought she was pretty good for what she was expected to do

Reply to this Topic
neilyg

Feb 10

neilyg says:

Shame she's going

I thought Suzi Perry did a pretty good job, and I can't understand why some people seem to think she didn't know her stuff. She was working on the sport for 13 years - she probably knows a hell of a lot more than some of the mouth-breathing morons who seem so happy to see her go. As for Parrish and Cox, I actually think they're not too bad. Parrish raced in the premier class, and ok so Cox doesn't have experience of racing bikes but some of his catchphrases are pretty amusing. Suzi Perry is going to be pretty hard to replace if you ask me.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Charlie Cox fired - official apparently

Just found this on the visor down website,thought i had read something about this on another website a little while ago.Looks like Charlie got the boot by the Beeb.

Here's the link

.http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/no-cox-in-the-bbc-box-for-2010/8980.html

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

shame

Shame she's going, she added a lot to the Beeb coverage for me, though I can understand her reasons to move on. I hope that this means that coverage will get better and not dumb down. Hope charlie Cox is going,hearing the same flip comments every week, was beyond irritating.Good luck Suzi!

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

beeb

things are looking up at the beeb - c.cox has left and b.moore has stepped down from production  ( some other bloke from f1 is taking over ) , plus we are geting more air time......might be pritty good this year.....now just to sort out the racing!!!

Reply to this Topic
Arsey45

Jun 06

Arsey45 says:

Suzi puts MGP in turmoil !!

Sensational, unbelievable headlines in MCN !!  Front page , back page and 3 full pages inside!!

What the hell has happened in MGP ??

Rossi signed with Harley Davidson?- Nah, bigger than that. Foggy out of retirement to team up with Stoner? Nah, bigger than that. Honda bring back the NR500, this time with square pistons? Nah, bigger than that.

SUZI PERRY QUITS MOTO GP !!

My God that is sensational news. I bet the 4 big factories are in an emergency  meeting to discuss the event and what implications there will be. Can MGP continue without her??

On a more serious note, MCN have got this story completely out of proportion. As far as I'm concerned a simple single column on page 54 would have been ample. Quite honestly, I'm glad to see the back of her. Another presenter who thinks she is more important than the riders she's interviewing. Her knowledge of bikes and racing is very limited and never seemed to ask questions we all want to know. Eurosport's coverage is far better. Toby and Julian, not forgetting Neil Spalding, are the tops by a long way. A pity they lost Randy Mamola as he was excellent, with first hand experience, very knowledgeable and entertaining. That's something bimbos like Suzi Perry will never be. With Charlie Cox gone, now only Steve Parrish to go.( He's more suited to commentating on funerals.) Remember that interview with Rossi in the IOM? Parrish treated him like a kid of 10. Things might be looking up at the Beeb, but I doubt it knowing how they do it.

My choice for a replacement  -Harriet Harman, she could make sure the grid is 50% female riders or Anne Robinson, she can keep an eye open for the weakest chain link, better still Ester Rantzen, she can make sure the bikes comply with H&S. Who cares if they know nothing about racing!

James Hayden would be great -seriously!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

The problem with stavros and charlie was that they didn't really watch the lower races and research the riders that much...if at all.

I found it a tad embarrassing when new riders (talmasci, espagaro) to the class got camera time and those two struggled to say anything relevent about them at all.

The one good thing about Formula one is Martin brundle forcing a mic on the drivers, the motogp riders get it way too easy, they should not be afforded so much protection.

Suzie was always too nice!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle