Skip to content

Discuss This Crutchlow prepared for toughest ever challenge World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Crutchlow prepared for toughest ever challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Crutchlow prepared for toughest ever challenge

Cal Crutchlow believes that his 2009 World Supersport winning season has been the perfect preparation for his jump to WSB in 2010. Since switching to the class onboard the factory Yamaha R1, the 24 year old has been fast, but he admits that he still doesn’t know what to expect from the opening race. “The last time I rode in WSB was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 February 2010 11:51)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

The Real Deal

I think Crutchlow has shown great potential from the Virgin R6 series through to his first world title in

wss. And I too think he can raise eyebrows in World Superbike, I just hope he is'nt plagued with bad

luck like so many other Brit's, I,m hoping for a top 3 finish to the season

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

WSB 2010

Cruchlow made a big leap in WSS after some average performances in BSB, but I reckon this was more than just being comfortable back on the 600.  I think he turned the corner with his riding and race craft in general last year.

It is apparent he has that great combination of genuine self-confidence and self-awareness.   This combination, and the latter quality in particular is essential for a rider to learn and progress as they move up a level. 

Regardless of the level of talent, many aspiring Brtitsh riders have not had this combo with the result that they just get stuck in the middle of the pack on the world scene and then come back to the domestic championship for an easier life. 

Crutchlow is different - I'd back this guy to win races this year and think he has a real chance of winning the title.

Reply to this Topic
ozzygone1

May 07

ozzygone1 says:

Dark Horse

This man is the dark horse! The bikes are upgraded significantly for 2010, there is an increase in money from Sterilgarda so no shortage of budget and he will no doubt be thinking about what happened to Tom Sykes when Ben Spies got the upper hand early on!

Methinks a man with a plan, and a Midlander too which is an added bonus! 

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

cal

I looking forward to the new season & seeing Cal in WSBK & an added bonus having JT on the same bike in the mix...two riders who know how to mix it at the top...Good luck to the Brits for the new season!

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Really looking forward to seeing Cal do his stuff. No shortage of bottle, reminds me of Jim Whitham with his aggression and determination to do a bit more than his best.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Cal has been awesome for many a year and last year he really showed he has got potential. If he can avoid injury and learn serious technical set up and or feedback skills, he is a future champ in World Supers at least. Would love to see him make Moto 2 and wreak some havoc in the GP paddock. Look out GP world...... you may have a Brit back in the mix soon!

Reply to this Topic
dale b

Jan 08

dale b says:

good luck cal

After seeing his awesome qualifying at donny last year, where he went quicker than most of the wsb boys on his 600, that after being down the road twice, he really has got a big pair, and i think he will be right at the front challenging for wins from the off. Good luck to him

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices