Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island WSB test: Checa surprise fastest, Haslam third World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Phillip Island WSB test: Checa surprise fastest, Haslam third

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Phillip Island WSB test: Checa surprise fastest, Haslam third

Spaniard Carlos Checa stole the show on the opening day of the two day pre season test by setting the fastest time onboard his Althea Ducati 1098R. The former Ten Kate Honda rider set a blistering 1m 31.959s best in the afternoon session to finish a significant 0.390 seconds faster than his closets rival Michel Fabrizio. Leon Haslam put his three...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (21 February 2010 10:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
perenialnovice

Nov 05

told u

I told you the Yam was not as good as it looked. Ben Spies is. I maintain, Sykes is pretty good on a bike and did nothing on it last year.

Checa seems to have clicked with the Duc. But then it is such a sorted bike. no wonder early season testing is seeing them fill the front  runners. Will Ducati nobble customer bikes, as they seemed to do to Shaky's last year. Remember he blittzed testing...........

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Yamaha and Spies

Any of that lot think theyre going to take off where Spies left it is living in lala land Spies made that R1 look good

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

remember

they are only testing,the Yams will be up there come race day I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Vermuelen

Nice to see him showing his true class and taking up just where he left on the MotoGP Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
BRAVO9992

Jan 04

BRAVO9992 says:

Its a test, positions mean very little especially on the first day. nobody knows what the teams have been testing today so you cant make judgements by the day one finishing positions. Look at the times, 2 seconds over the first 20 places, it will all change again tommorrow when teams test different parts.

Reply to this Topic
SMITSJ

Dec 07

SMITSJ says:

remember shane byrne in last years testing? he blitzed everyone,then did little during the season. testing positions dont mean that much. wait till the lights go out on the opening race.then it all starts to matter.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Little Britain to the fore

A few petty calls already from J Hall & the egotistical conspiracy man perenialnovice - like you're the only one to say Spies made the R1 look good! It's day one of a test boys. If it remains fine & calm Monday then perhaps some more meaningful judgements can be made.

Reply to this Topic
ginge46

Mar 09

ginge46 says:

in agreement!

totaly agree with nostro to many people jump on the band wagon during testing........its called testing for that simple reason they are trying various set ups tyre compounds balances etc so not all are 100% set up and are evaluating these things so you can not judge anything by these times race day is when it counts then i dont think you will find jt down in 11th or biaggi as low as he is!!!! I think the kawasaki is struggling somewhat though but will get better as the season goes on for sure, i do like however the comment made by j hall ha ha you get on the bike and do a better job!!! It is obviosly  a little awkard to get a good setting on the bike because neither rider is a slouch!!

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Blind, biased & bloody boring ...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some of the posters on MCN are just pitiful.Thanks, Nostro - that needed to be said - some of these guys wallow like basking Hippo's in their own ignorance and prejudice. Take for example the great pearl of wisdom from one Jason Hall. I would be ever so slightly more impressed if he could even spell Chris Vermeulen's name correctly - just for starters. Every bike in front of " Vermin " on the first day of testing is a machine that has been in the crucible of WSBK for years with the exception of the BMW and Aprilia - even these have the advantage of an entire season last year and with riders of enormous experience and success. In other words, their development is well ahead of the Kawasaki. Sykes is roughly 0.4 of a second ahead of Vermeulen on the other Kwak but has the advantage of solid and recent WSBK experience in the full 2009 season as Spies' teammate on the Yam R1. By contrast, Vermeulen has barely ridden the ZX 10R, his pre- testing being cut short by bad weather. Methinks you are painfully ignorant and dismissive of this rider's ability, JH. WSS Champ in 2003, 2nd in WSBK 2005, 2 x Poles in 990cc Moto GP in 2006 for Suzuki, a win in the French GP and several podiums on the 800cc Suzuki in 2007 and 2 x Podiums in 2008. The 2009 Suzuki Moto GP machine was patently, deeply uncompetitive, despite assurances to the contrary given to Chris at the close of 2008 when he could have gone to a Ducati ride in WSBK or Gresini Honda in Moto GP. These people don't offer rides to hopeless wankers, OK? Chris has gone to Kawasaki to re-learn WSBK this season and treat it as a development year. Kawasaki have promised 110% support and attention in WSBK, having dropped all other comittments to concentrate on this. The pay-off will hopefully come next season when Kawasaki release an all new ZX 10R which will incorporate all that is gained in 2010. It is very early days and while I am soooo glad we have World-class racing back on offer next week-end - this has unleashed the childish and ignorant slaggers, cretins and morons who seem to vanish in the off-season.Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

aquarius we salute you..!!!

aquarius..you are The Man!!!You`re the Stephen Fry of the MCN forum and I can`t wait for many more of you`re comments throughout the season..roll on Sunday!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices