Skip to content

Where to Ride taunton and somerset routes and meets Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > taunton and somerset routes and meets

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bootneckbuzz

Sep 09

bootneckbuzz says:

taunton and somerset routes and meets

hi, picking up my new cbr6 next week safter a few years out of the saddle...cant wait!!  was wondering if anyone new any good routes around taunton/somerset area? also if anyone knows any bike meets in the area, cheers.....bring on the sunshine!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 February 2010 10:53)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Woody74

Mar 10

Woody74 says:

cbr6

Hi Bootneckbuzz, how you getting on with your new Honda? It's great getting back on the road after time out, makes you feel real again eh?!
I'm about to sell my CBR6fw after 6 long happy years, great bike but I bored now so going for a Z1000 next - am saving like crazy! I too am looking for bike meets in the somerset/dorset region so will keep you posted if I have joy.
In meantime, one of my fav rides around here is the A372 between Langport & Bridgwater - its a bit scary in places but a nice road for two wheels!
Ride safe mate :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
gazkwak

Mar 08

gazkwak says:

rideouts

the two main forums for the southwest are southwestbikers.com and rideoutsouthwest also ther will be weston coming up every thursday evening enjoy the sun

Reply to this Topic
djpert1

Feb 10

djpert1 says:

Routes

A38 between Taunton and the A361 link road to tiverton is awesome. Nice and wide with a lot of fast stretches and bends.

A47 Bath - Stroud, very fast with some nice twisties at the end. Best in the evening after rush hour when there's very little traffic.

A39 Taunton - Wells. Nice scenic route with some nice bends and straights (a lot of villages and traffic though.

A396 Tiverton - Dunster across exmoor (through wheddon cross). Technical and twisty with nice scenery. Watch out for water across the road near exton and massive adverse camber near bridgetown.

Enjoy!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices