Skip to content

Discuss This Superbike showdown – will the Europeans come out on top? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Superbike showdown – will the Europeans come out on top?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Superbike showdown – will the Europeans come out on top?

MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently at the Trazado Grand Prix Circuit, near Barcelona pitting all NINE of the world’s leading superbikes against each other. And for the first time in living memory the Japanese manufacturers could be set to have their butts well and truly kicked. For the first time, all of this year’s litre-class sports bikes are to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 February 2010 14:05)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Superbikes - track only?

I wonder with all these average speed cameras, noise and emission rules e.t.c. are superbikes a dying breed for the road? I think that these kinds of bike will in time become track only tools, and we will be forced to buy bikes which offer more fun at lower speeds.

And as for the argument for the test results and rider ability, this is what a very well respected rider told me when I asked him which sports bike he thought I should get "If you want something that will teach you how to get the best out of a bike and develop you as a rider, buy a CB5. If you really want a sports bike, buy which ever one has the colour you like" - He then went on to say that a Yamaha Giggle with clip-ons was too much for me, but I chose to ignore that part :)

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I agree with foggie996, it's purely for entertainment. I don't understand people always complaining about MCN and still visiting the site...I mean there's a million motorcycle websites out there. I have my 4-5 favorites, but those I don't like, I don't visit. That simple. Not saying MCN is perfect but I visit the site, cause there's always news to keep my mind busy while my bike is in storage for winter :)

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

Wow...

Impressive use of a dictionary 'I Cant Ride A Bike' - credit where its due. If you keep progressing like that you'll be walking and talking in no time at all... who knows, you may even move on to using grown-up writing implements rather than your crayons?!?

Keep up the good work lad!

Hugs & kisses!

Reply to this Topic
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

Looks & handling

I agree with
DrVibrafly says...too close to call.So for most people it will come down to what they prefer or what they think looks best...

But I bet if they all had Ohlin’s suspension it would be even closer. What ever MCN say is the best properly an't you’re best who ever you are.

If I could aford one I would buy the GSXR1000 & put Ohlin’s suspension it. Even if it dosen't need it.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

hondasixrr

would u buy a pair of tits as well if you could afford them......even if you didn`t need them?..........because what you have written makes no sense!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

I'd take a pair of tits over an Ohlins shock any day. I'm loving how this discussions has gone a bit off topic, especially enjoying the mollusc related insults :P

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Szmolo,

Disagree there mate, I'd much prefer playing with someone else's tits, If i had a pair myself the novelty would soon wear off and I don't they'd suit me! Replacing the shocks 'even if they didn't need it' does seem a tad pointless though. If it ain't broke!

Reply to this Topic
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

Ohlin's

Ohlin's would be a big advantage if you were racing and going to different race tracks.
But I don't think you really need it on the road.
Narr I wouldn't buy some false tits. They aren’t as good as real ones... false tits don't wobble the same...:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ColonelHornet

May 09

Masterbike

Moving away from the Ohlins V breasts, what actually happened at masterbike? I was expecting some sort of report by now...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices