Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Norton Cafe Racer world first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Norton Cafe Racer world first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Norton Cafe Racer world first ride

The Norton revival just keeps getting better. The Cafe Racer is a sportier version of the Commando 961 SE, with retro wire-spoke black anodised alloy rims, superbike spec radially-mounted Brembo calipers and race-grade USD Ohlins forks. Video: Norton Commando 961SE world first ride Read the Norton Commando 961 SE review Watch the video for more on the Cafe Racer and read the full...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 February 2010 12:23)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Oh that sound....

Reply to this Topic
goody4376

Dec 05

goody4376 says:

Well can't knock it the bike bike does look and sound the business. I would be curious what the handling is like, thought i doubt very much that i will ever get the chance to find out. Still seems a hell of a lot of money for what it is though, and i think that is mainly only because of the name and the exclusivity, as well Norton trying to re-coup some of those development costs.

I think i would have to argue that if I was considering one I would go and buy myself a Ducati Sport Classic Limited Edition Paul Smart. You are looking at the exact same spec (Cafe Racer, twin, ohlins, power, and handling... although i would say a V twin would sound so much better) all for about half the price. 

Reply to this Topic
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

Norton

Havn't heard /seen the latest video yet, but the Norton needs to be much cheaper, but British parrallel twins have a sound all of there own. I rode a T100 Bonneville last year with a few trick parts to help it breathe back to back with a aircooled Ducati monster. The Bonnevile sounded much sweeter, went better and had a better quality finish.

Why would you buy Ducati classic thats looks cheap overweight and ugly and doesn't look like the origional bikes they are supposed to be emulating.

The Bonneville doesn't sound like the clutch is about to fall off either !!.

Don't buy Ducati when you can buy a Triumph !!

Reply to this Topic
Tocket

Feb 09

Tocket says:

Not sure

Ace bars???? They look like clip ons to me!

WSB spec forks on a bike that produces 80 bhp... Overkill.

Looks very uncomfortable.

Nah... It don't do it for me.

Reply to this Topic
kambodia69

Feb 10

kambodia69 says:

No thanks

Give me a Speed tiple and the change and yes what happened to clip on's

Reply to this Topic
kambodia69

Feb 10

kambodia69 says:

No thanks

Sorry, Triple

Reply to this Topic
OZZYJULES

Aug 09

OZZYJULES says:

looks small

nice bike for the rich didddy people,  he looks so tall on  that bike it looks stupid.

To expensive,  the 650 cc bikes will walk all over it.

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Not Convinced !

Would have to be a V-Twin for me.Parallel  twins don't stir the soul enough.

Reply to this Topic
TriumphTom

Feb 10

TriumphTom says:

Nice but

There's something about air cooled, naked bikes and this one is no exception.  They just look right.  The modern touches like the rear light in the seat hump show attention to detail you'd expect on a bike of this price, which is around 40% too rich for my pocket.  I became a convert back to twins when I bought my Bonnie and was reminded just how relaxing it could be to ride something with less than 100bhp and a spread of power.  It's not quite the jewel that the MV F4 is but it comes close, and it doesn't need an acre of plastic to cover the hideous shape of a modern liquid cooled lump.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices