Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere - full technical details New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere - full technical details

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

2010 Yamaha Super Tenere - full technical details

Full technical details of the new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 are available now. 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 revealed Highlights include a 1199cc parallel twin with 108bhp and 84ft lb of torque, shaft drive, dual mode throttle response and three-mode ABS. Video: 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere tech highlights In terms of weight it’s 261kg which is roughly the same as a BMW R1200GS...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 February 2010 10:18)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
huggy70_nl

Oct 03

huggy70_nl says:

Well pricing is 14.750,00 Euro in Germany which compared to the 13.000 Euro for a normal BMW R1200GS or 14.550 for an Adventure model in Germany makes it expensive. Off course that is for the first edition with suitcases and some covers..but still it's a lot of money. And then the fueled-up weight of 261kg compared to 229kg for the GS doesn't make it favourable also so it will be tough for Yamaha to make this concept work...Would be better if Yamaha makes a nice new TRX with the engine (give it a little more power, chain drive and drop a lot of weight...)

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Yamaha Suoer Tenere 1200

After all the waiting...ssssszzzz!!!:hmmm:

:shock:Sorry, i must have dozed off.That is how i feel when looking at this behemoth.

I was expecting something that gelled together,somthing radical like the factory PARIS/DAKAR bikes of old.The front and rear of the bike don't go,the frame looks like its been cobbled together in a hurry,no radial calipers,(IF JUST FOR THE LOOKS),fit & finish look typical Jap(cheap looking)rubber hoses(still!!!)silencer looks like it came from a design project from a secondary school kid and there's not even a name brand(Renthal,magura,Ohlins),what a let down,well,it is too me(i bet the price/insurance won't be though).

Don't get me wrong,it takes some getting used to a new design,bikes always look different in reality compared with photo's,but having seen the Tenere 660 photo's,when it came on the scene,then in the flesh,(a bike that should have been a beauty, but turned into a pig ugly, final production, watered down more than your locals beer,load of crap!!!

Its frustrating from a prospective buyers view,you hear of these bikes coming onto the market,see super looking pre-production designs in the mags and expect great things,but when they actually appear, you're chin hits the floor and your heart drops into your stomach.Your hopes have been dashed,no matter what power,comfort,etc the bike offers.......

Another thing,although i  appreciate, that being mass produced, fit and finish will always be average(pity the price isn't),but if the likes of KTM,BMW and DUCATI can get things right(well ,mostly) why can't the big Jap 4.The SUPER TENERE 1200 may have,the touring factor stiched up,but why so ugly?

The BMW R1200 Gs ADVENTURE took some gettting used to when it appeared but somehow it has that querkiness in looks you get too love quicky,and a qulity that is acceptable considering what you pay for what is after all a motorbike!!.

Yamaha should go back  and look to their PARIS-DAKAR factoy protoypes for style.

I think all started too go wrong with TENERE 660XTZ 5 VALVE model of the early 90's,a good name/design dilluted,to suit more touring orientated people.

Me,nah,i'll keep Saving and go for either the BMW or KTM unless Yamaha bring out an SP model clothed in bits of carbon,radial calipers Ohlins front/rear,Renthal bars,steel braided hoses all round, a decent looking can,and fit and finish to go with what i bet is a well polished price no doubt!!!:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
yamahayzr500

Jul 04

yamahayzr500 says:

Yamaha get it right please

Oh dear what a dissapointment

Same problem as the BMW -Underpowered and over weight

Yamaha, please build 2 bikes

1. A Replace for FJR1300 - A Fazer 1000 touring, full touring faring, electric screen,  shaft drive, luggage same spec as FJR but with fast powerfull R1 engine (flat plane crank). Loads of power, but make it dramatically lighter, 120Kg MAX

2. Enduro type version, same engine spec as above

I am a total Yamaha fan always have been, but I will be replacing my FJR1300 with a Ducati Muiltistrada at this rate. 150Bhp and not too heavy, should go like a rocket, albeit  missing an electric screen and shaft drive.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Not with a bargepole...

As said before the Yam is the same power as the Beemer but 32Kg heavier & it looks like it'll be more expensive (?)... it's gonna be difficult stealing sales trying to beat BMW at what is almost their own game with stats like that... & these bikes look as thought they're supposed to go round the world... my last bike was a Yamaha & the dealers response to the continuous problems I was having with it was the amount of miles I did in all weather! I wouldn't rely on one of these to take me to Wales never mind New South Wales.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Huggy,

the BMW1200GS Adventure weighs 256kg fully fueled, 223kg is the dry weight, the standard GS has a kerb weight of 229kg. so expect the non 'adventure' version of the Tenere to be of similar weight.

Reply to this Topic
richardab

Jul 08

richardab says:

261KG!

This was looking really good to me yesterday - but this weight is way over the top.  Unless that includes all the luggage and other add ons for this version.

the GS Adv has a bigger tank than the regular GS - so there might be less of a saving against the standard Super Ten - I can't see them dropping this tank down.

I was ready to love it - and I am in the market this year - but the Ducati is now looking much more interesting

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I agree with with the comments further down, I personally couldnt live with that weight, and it doesn't look as though it is going to carry that weight particularly low down either, also the thought of taking this bike on dirt track is cringe worthy, and for the price i just dont see it as being worth that, I would much rather shell out a bit more the ducati if I were a possible buyer, though personaly I would go for  suzuki dl1000 v-strom

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Spoke to my local Yamaha dealer this morning. No demo models, 2010 allocation sold via internet and the price - £13650 otr. Wow.

Reply to this Topic
orangepekoe

Jan 10

orangepekoe says:

kerb weight of standard GS

229kg?

according to yam website, TDM is almost same weight as GS.

I've ridden both of them, and I never felt that they are same weight...

Which weighing machine is broken??

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

How much????

That is a lush looking bike, but way,way to heavy and like all Yamahas now .....Well over priced. I think I shall stick with my 1250GT Bandit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices