Skip to content

Discuss This PM orders test crisis probe – after MCN exposé General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > PM orders test crisis probe – after MCN exposé

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

PM orders test crisis probe – after MCN exposé

The Prime Minister has demanded answers from the Transport Minister over the drastic fall in new riders taking the motorcycle test. Gordon Brown was put on the spot during Prime Minister’s Question Time yesterday – by an MP who learnt of the crisis from MCN.  Anne Main, Conservative MP for St Albans, asked: “Since 2008 and the introduction of new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 February 2010 12:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scarthie

Feb 08

scarthie says:

pm order test crisis

about blood time i hope the get to the bottom or this one i hope they is no smoke gun

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

top points

Top points for Mr & Mrs Main, people like you make this country a better place

Reply to this Topic
obsceneuk

May 09

obsceneuk says:

Well bugger me, top marks for them!

Reply to this Topic
kapps

Apr 09

kapps says:

Demanding answers it was not

I hate to say this but I was watching PMQ's on wednesday and am afraid to say that "demanded answers" is not what the PM did at all!!! Good on Ms Main for approaching the pompus prick about the new test format, although I was discusted with brown's response which was most defintely not a "demand" of answers. I think the term slopey shoulders comes into play, it was more of a "I can't be arsed to waste my time on this question so I will just say the Transport Minister will lok into it to get you off my back!" So sorry to dampen the party but dont get too excited!

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

All Planned

Dont hold your breath

The Goverment and the Police want Bikers off the roads of great Britian (the sooner the better) and this is a planned attack on the people who want to ride bikes as is the planned pulling over of law abiding rider's to give a lecture to and demand you use Hi Vis vest,s and if you dont take one they will no doubt find something wrong with your bike.

They want us off the road and will do anything to make us give up biking.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

At least

The question has been asked and the problem brought to the attention of the transport minister.

Let the lobbying commence !

Reply to this Topic
Crasher_666

Jul 08

Crasher_666 says:

Good one

I particularly like the "I decided to give my wife a call.." line, as if they don't actually talk to each other normally. But still, great work guys, even if, as stated below and I strongly suspect myself, this will simply get passed from pillar to post and eventually brushed under the political-bike-agenda rug. And to headline the story as 'ordered' and 'demanded' when even the quote used was "ask.. to look into" is another example of sensationalist media to get people worked up. Stop it.

Frankly just reeks of 'ok nice one now sit down and be quiet'

Still, lets be optimistic eh!  I do like to think that anyone who's caught the bike bug won't be put off by a slightly more difficult test. Or if so, fuk the system and go get on the track instead (safer anyway)

Cheers!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Tosh

There isn't a political party that is interested in motorcycles or the motorcycle industry. If Triumph motorcycles closed tomorrow (God forbid) the Govt wouldn't lose any sleep but if Toyota opened a new factory somewhere in the UK, they would be europhic and this sums up the political ideal in this country. They could not give give a flying f*ck if test applications are down or whether it impacts on the motorcycle industry.

Here's a chap who who wouldn't know one end of a bike from the other. He's just after votes with the forthcoming general election. Let's remember no party has ever done anything for motorcycles or motorcyclists except legislate against us.

Please also remember politicians, who are meant to be representing us, took our taxes and used them to pay for their own lifestyle in the form of expenses and would have continued to do so until the press rumbled them. To avoid guilt, they blamed the "expense system" but they would have continued to claim fraudulent expenses had they not been found out and to me this shows the level of moral obligation these people have. No matter what your political beliefs, these people, that are meant to be representing us, are corrupt and I would not believe a word they say.

To Gordon Brown and all politicians, deliver your promises or be judged by your failure to deliver. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paulgsf600s

Sep 09

paulgsf600s says:

The Eu

UK goverment cant do nothing about this-the eu calls the shots, after Gordon Brown sold the UK out.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Whats the problem?

I thought the whole idea of the new bike test was to get more bikes off the road as part of the EUs intention to get rid of bikes ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices