Skip to content

Discuss This PM orders test crisis probe – after MCN exposé General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > PM orders test crisis probe – after MCN exposé

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

PM orders test crisis probe – after MCN exposé

The Prime Minister has demanded answers from the Transport Minister over the drastic fall in new riders taking the motorcycle test. Gordon Brown was put on the spot during Prime Minister’s Question Time yesterday – by an MP who learnt of the crisis from MCN.  Anne Main, Conservative MP for St Albans, asked: “Since 2008 and the introduction of new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 February 2010 12:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
psbresner

May 09

psbresner says:

Huh!!

As if this will have any affect on the new test.  Like its already been said it will get brushed under the carpet.

Reply to this Topic
flowersofmanc

Dec 08

Absolute Bollox

'I decided to give my wife a call'? - government help?? - He wants to call his wife again and tell her about the pot holes I have to slalom round every soddin' morning on my commute to work! I am surprised to be reading this garbage on the MCN site. Must be hard up for stories guys this week.

Reply to this Topic
Bri55hornet

Aug 07

Bri55hornet says:

Gordon

Hi Gordon the words are good mate and if ya catch up on this artical please note what I have to say.

I am a long distance motorcycle courier and avarage 40k miles a year on any roads any weather. It is with great consideration that I say that abilitys required to ride on todays roads and todays traffic seem akin to that of lets say a helicopter pilot ie the TEST should consist of accompanied rides to log up a number of hours lets say when the required number of hours are achived then the rider may take a short test a sort of health check of ability and road craft implimentation which these days is parramount to surviveing on to days roads.

I shall be forever quoating your comment The motorbiking industry is extremely important in the UK. What will the Prime Minister do to rectify what is obviously a very poor system?”

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
fryatuck

Aug 09

fryatuck says:

Maybe its !!!!!

Maybe its to do with there's no one to Test new riders, I live in King's Lynn, Which Has a brand new test centre so that they can do motorcycle tests, The only problem is that they still do not have a Test examiner yet! We have to wait for one to come from Peterborough for the day, I am still waiting for my Mod 2, My Trainer has told me That it looks like it will not be until at least the end of April may even be May. Mick from M.I.C.K.S Motorcycle School told me that he is trying to get people in for Mod 1's and is getting dates as early as the end of April. very annoying.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices