Skip to content

Discuss This FB Corse told to prove competitiveness MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > FB Corse told to prove competitiveness

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

FB Corse told to prove competitiveness

The new FB Corse squad will only be given clearance to race in the 2010 MotoGP world championship if it can demonstrate its new three-cylinder 800cc machine is competitive. International Race Teams Association boss Mike Trimby has confirmed to MCN that MotoGP Safety Commission delegate Franco Uncini will attend any testing carried out by FB Corse. Only if the FB01 is competitive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 March 2010 11:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

Dream On!

So when IRTA boss Mike Trimby told MCN: “'They were on the entry list originally with (John) Hopkins but now they signed McCoy" what is he insinuating - sudddenly the bike will not be competitive due to the change of rider? Personally speaking I'd choose McCoy over Hopkins any old day of the week. I may have missed them,  but I don't recall any issues popping up about McCoy turning up wasted, and while he's had his fair share of get offs, he has won at the top level, on a crap bike.

Hopkins on the other hand, he has - he has - he has had the most monumental of crashes imaginable, on a Kwakker that Melandri generally managed to maintain right side up, as did Haslam with the Stiggy - and both managed decent results - something Hopkins never at any time, looked capable off. Okay, I admit it, perhaps the reason for not achieving good results, was connected to the fact he was never on the bikes long enough.

Surely, BMW using a straight four for their WSBK bike instead of that three cyclinder thingy, would tell any half sensible idiot, that there was a problem with it - lack of power for instance.

And when Trimby also said "Before confirming a contract with them we want to have evidence that this bike is capable of being within three or four seconds of what we've got." What class was he referring to, the 125s or the less powerful Moto2s?

And speaking of Moto2, I just love the news that each rider has been issued with one engine, assigned at random by IRTA officials, which they will have to make last for the upcoming two official IRTA tests and the first three races of the season. And this after admitting that the engines reliability issues have prevented Honda from supplying them to the teams earlier -  the original delivery date having been last November. Reliability issues with a near boggy standard Honda 600 engine!!!

Barbiegirl Real Road Racing Blog

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Seems they are putting unfair hurdles in the teams way, never heard of a team having to prove competetive lap times before being alowed entry to a series.

Reply to this Topic
TheRash

May 08

TheRash says:

Seems Reasonable

This is reasonable. You cannot allow slow machines, it's too dangerous. All racing has a percentage cutoff. What's not reasonable is how BORING they have made the class. They need to open it up and stop changing the rules. After watching GP racing in the 1980's and 1990's, this stuff with a dozen bikes would make you cry.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Barbiegirl

I see you are upholding the mcn standard of shooting off at the mouth and not knowing what you are talking about.

First off, Hopkins has had podiums, finished 4th the year before he went to kawasaki, and has beaten all his teammates so he has good results.

2ndly, the Hayate (not Kawasaki) that Melandri was on was DEVELOPED BY HOPKINS before Kawasaki folded and was not the same bike Hopkins rode the year before so there is no comparison of the 2.

And I would believe the comment about changing riders have nothing to do with a rider not being competitive but the fact that since FB has changed their entry it takes them off the official list. IRTA are using this loophole to keep them off the list until they have proved competitive.

But matter of factly McCoy only had 1 good season in GPs and that was in 2000 - 10 years ago. He had 3 wins and finished 5th (Hopper best finish was a 4th in 2007) that year and never did anything since in GPs. It's funny how you mention Hopper crashes but that's pretty much sums up McCoy's GP career just as much if not more so. Gary's a nice bloke and was spectacular when he got it right but he'll be 38 this year and he's been over the GP hill a long time ago. And Hopper's GP time more than likely has gone as well.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

and for the record

One of the teammates that Hopper beat was McCoy in 2002 on the 500s - his rookie year. Gary was the one who couldn't keep it up right.

Reply to this Topic
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

RawDawg

As usual , you're correct, I bow to your superior knowledge, the record books will indeed show until eternity, and beyond,  that McCoy won at GP level, and WSBK, whilst Hopper won soddin' nought at either level. Well said, and I thank you for your confirmation, but he hasn't gone away you know - Hopper may have gone from the World scene, but he's moved onwards and upwards to stockers in a US of A series nobody gives a dime about, including those dogs in the street.

Barbiegirl Real Road Racing Blog

Reply to this Topic
nomad66

Mar 10

nomad66 says:

rawdwag

as comendable as your patriotism is i believe it sometimes blinds your view.as many including tom jojic have stated the developement of the kawasaki/hayate was down to it's then test riders Olivier Jacque and Tamaki Serizawa with jacque doing the bulk of the work.yes hopper played his part (actually not as big a part as melandri as hopper was binned by kawasaki when they went under leaving melandri as the sole hayate rider hence doing the tesing along with the aforementioned test riders) but i'm affraid not as major as you portray,

just a small point

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

hopper sucks

McCoy has won,and vermulen has won.  They are winners.  Hopper has not won...he is a loser.  The only reason he came 4th in 07 was because yamaha, honda and michelin all dropped the ball.  Hopper's podiums only came at tracks that bridgestone destroyed michelin( ie no michelin riders except for rossi inside top 10-china,) and misano when both suzukis were on podium.  Then thinking it was all him and not a lopsided bridgestone year he got greedy and jumped ship to kawasaki where he showed his true potential. He is a midfielder at best and an insurers nightmare with his inefficient elbow-down- lose contact patch- riding style. One of the funniest comments i heard hopkins make was during 08 laguna seca race (he was guest commentator because he was...wait for it...injured!) when commenting on anthony west running off track he said" ya hes really been struggling this year".  And as for him developing marco's kawasaki...the only developing input he had was that the engineers did the exact opposite of anything he suggested therby improving the bike. Get over your gay love of hopper RAWDOG cause he sucks and it sounds like you do too!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices