Skip to content

Ask an Expert Pirelli Diablo or Dunlop Roadsmart?? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Pirelli Diablo or Dunlop Roadsmart??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jimalmighty

Jul 09

jimalmighty says:

Pirelli Diablo or Dunlop Roadsmart??

Right, here is the situation;

Got a Z1000
Been on Dunlop for years, previously had qualifiers but they were not lasting long so i changed to roadsmart when that came out and its a bloody great tyre.......but
its time to change both and there are some good deals about on Pirelli Diablo and my dealer says change but im nervous as im so used to Dunlop that i dont want to fork out the cash and end up dissaointed.
Any advice? Opinions?
Jim

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 March 2010 11:13)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Pirelli Diablo

Well I run Diablo STRADAs on my ZZR600. Got 5500 out of the last rear tyre. More than enough grip for peg down tomfoolery.

I know you are on a different style of bike, but I'd reccomend them.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Last

Pirelli Diablo I had, lasted 800 miles on the rear from new to illegal..(Aprillia RSV), now use Michelin 2CT's and get around 3,000 from a rear. (Mainly ride with pillion, and er progressively)

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

options

I've been running Bridgestone BT016's through 2 sets on my last bike. I have just changed bikes and this 0ne a Daytona 955i is fitted with Diablos. They are a great tyre for edge to edge grip, good in the rain too. BUT I can't wait for them to wear out, which won't be long as they are wearing quick, so I can put BT016's on it. 016's multi compound construction has given me peg down grip and huge tyre life app 4000, front and rear wear together.

Tom

Reply to this Topic
throttledemon

Feb 10

tyres

i would go for pirelli's every time. youll stick to the road like glue, there very confidence inspiring tyres, i have them on my suzuki rf, never used dunlops, i expect pirellis will grip much more but will wear more quickly. hope this helps

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Pirellis

There are different models of Pirelli Diablo.
As said above, I use the STRADA, which is the sports/touring tyre. I think the rest of you are running the sports (or even supersports) tyres.

I used to LOVE the old Dragons, and even Dragon Corsas, although they were wasted on my bandit.

Reply to this Topic
educatio

Jul 05

educatio says:

What Tyre?

I need to replace both my tyres and have been advised by a retailer to go for Dunlop Roadsmart, Presently wearing Michelin Pilot Road 2, but the the front right side is worn (roundabouts!) So I'll take his advice and try the Dunlops. 

Reply to this Topic
jimalmighty

Jul 09

jimalmighty says:

Cheers

The roadsmart was an excellent tyre, i just went for the standard diablo in the end so i'll at least be able to say i tried them, got a pair for £150 so if i dont get on with them then back to Dunlop for me but fingers crossed.

Thanks for the advice.
Jim

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices