Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Honda Fury vs Harley Rocker C First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Honda Fury vs Harley Rocker C

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Honda Fury vs Harley Rocker C

Honda's new Fury is the most serious attempt to out-Harley Harley. But does it? MCN rides to a Harley stronghold to find out...      Find a Harley-Davidson for sale Read more custom & cruiser motorcycle reviews Read the full test in this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday 3 March 2010. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 March 2010 09:09)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cripes

Feb 10

Cripes says:

Honda Fury vs Harley Rocker C

Totally agree with Trevor.

The Rocker C is big bucks, but has the image and will retain its value, despite the inferior mechanics.

The Fury rides beautifully, almost too smooth, and when you say to an admirer it's a Honda, they'll be underwhelmed. The Fury is let down by the detail, and there's a big question mark over the viability of accessories and parts to customise it here in the UK. Honda UK seem reluctant to fully commit to supporting this bike, as if they know it's an irrelevant niche product.

To be fair, aftermarket parts for the Rocker C are also well short of the other less radical Harley models.

If I wanted a safe investment I'd buy the Hrley and put up with its 'character'. However,  I would buy the Honda if it was £2k cheaper and available on low rate finance...

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

How much ?!!

How ironic. Recently in 'posts' on this site and in the letter pages of MCN, Ducati owners have been given a kicking for being 'rich toffs' etc. Strange then that no-one bats an eye at the cost of these things - in the case of the Harley, its not as if the company has to claw back the fortune that have spent in development.... Looks ok., but I wouldn't fancy riding either of them on the rough roads that abound where I live, and in the weather we enjoy for 10 months of the year...

Reply to this Topic
ayrshirenutter

Jan 09

WTF

'MCN rides to a Harley stronghold to find out.'.. 

well I watched the vid and still don't see the stronghold ha ha

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The Honda is a nice looking bike, but at that price I cant see much of a market for it here.

Reply to this Topic
ThomasD

Apr 09

ThomasD says:

???

Harley wins for me and so will for others. First off the Hondas engine is too small and than most chrome parts are actually plastic. And than of course its a Honda its even worst than the Boxter vs. 911 Porsche image. .......... well you could not afford a Harley or what???? ....... No matter how much it will be better.

Reply to this Topic
ILOVETAKETHAT

Oct 09

Its the Honda for me

Sorry Tom - disagree mate - for me the Honda has the looks, the spec and more importantly the value for money. I like the fact that Honda have realised that sticking a big Honda badge on the side of the tank would detract potential riders. The Honda has presence and style without trying too hard at it - for me I'd take the Honda.  

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Neither

Harleys will always be for people who want Harleys. It's been that way for years and is no surprise to anyone who's been around bikes for long. To even mention something else, much less a Honda, is sacrilege! Again, no surprise there either. Been that way for years.

But I have to say that in many people's eyes the whole province of the chopper belongs to Harleys, or bikes with engines that look like they are.

In the end though I'd bet the Honda is the better behaved, better riding bike overall but does so without following the pack. For those that just need the whole Harley "thing" then there is no substitute. I'm just glad we have choices because I have no real desire to look like so many others.

Reply to this Topic
MrMidlands

Dec 09

MrMidlands says:

Both overpriced

The Honda is a short term gap in the range filler job, the Harley relies on the past. The new Triumph Rocket III Roaster undercuts them both (with a price of only 11K), out performs them (more torque, power and acceleration) Out poses them both (2.3 litre motor, black and chrome) and has one of the coolest badges in the business. Job Done.

Reply to this Topic
richarddickens

Nov 09

TALK CUSTOM

Triumph`s new 1600 thunderbird walks all over Harley & Honda with price, power, value for money and looks,    parts will be on your door step,   the price 10k means you save 2500k on the honda, and 6oook on harley and your sill got 1600cc under your tank .. 

Reply to this Topic
superbiker27

Jul 05

superbiker27 says:

Honda fury

Hi,   Why £12,000?????? The prixce is ridiculous, it should be about £7,500 at most. For goodness sake you can get a new Pan ST1300 or even a new V4 for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   How many do they expect to sell???

Superbiker 27

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices