Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies grateful for Casey Stoner advice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies grateful for Casey Stoner advice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies grateful for Casey Stoner advice

American Ben Spies reckons the help and advice he’s getting from the likes of former world champion Casey Stoner is proving a massive help in him adapting to the MotoGP world championship. The reigning World Superbike champion has been absorbing all the advice he can get as he tries to shorten the learning curve in MotoGP. Spies has been in regular debriefs...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 March 2010 11:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Apology

I'll submit this apology for derailing the thread somewhat , I'm not vegetarian by the way . But yeah Stoner will think Spies is great until he gets beaten by him .

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies

Richard 1967.........Don't think that Stoner will be undually worried about getting beaten by Spies. That would suggest that Spies is a better rider than Rossi, is that what you mean? Anyway as the saying goes "you can take a horse to the water...."  So all the info that Stoner is plying him with well does it really matter? Spies  will do well I reckon, but winning races is another matter.  I reckon there are 4 or 5  who will be in front of him or should I say between him and Stoner!! haha

Reply to this Topic
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

Another Apology

Aren’t those testosterones just bubbling nicely in the pot, must turn the heat down lest they get burnt up - might soon be indistinguishable from a frazzled marsupials crispy under carriage.

What good are static soddin’ targets or cut-outs to any woman or beast, the pleasure of bringing down a moving target – sublimely satisfying.

What’s with the bow and arrow fetish though, must be a throw back to their childhood - cowboys and Indians and all that macho stuff wee boys are taught. You want to kill something, just shoot it and have done with it.

My apologies to animal lovers everywhere - keep them on a lead.

Barbiegirl Real Road Racing Northern Ireland Blog

Reply to this Topic
olderbutfaster59

Feb 10

barbed girl

JEEZ! you talk some pish.  no apology.

Reply to this Topic
olderbutfaster59

Feb 10

barbed girl

JEEZ! you talk some pish.  no apology.

Reply to this Topic
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

olderbutfaster59

Well okay, so I must admit I did hear the rumour about your penchant for urine, a real connoisseur. Had I known a tad earlier, I would surely have bottled a drop or three for you.

Need to be careful though, way I hear it, tends to frazzle the brain, sterilise the dangly bits - oh I get it now, you have my deepest sympathy - you do realise what the next stage is, after the senility that is -- 

PS - The 59 - seconds should it be assumed.

Reply to this Topic
olderbutfaster59

Feb 10

JEEZ AGAIN

I rest my case

Reply to this Topic
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

59, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53

Like I said, not good for you, and you do look somewhat green around the gills, time to have the cocoa, and have a lie down. Obviously long past your bedtime.

Reply to this Topic
olderbutfaster59

Feb 10

FFS

MOTORCYCLE news eh, all i,ve found on here are toseland haters, man haters, and my first laptop kids. I know what your thinking, i wish he would F off, and your right and i will, thanks for, well nowt really.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Still not getting it ...

Mmmm ... the MotoGP season must be fast-approaching. It never fails to resurrect the intellectually-handicapped Zombie undead from their off-season subterranean hidey-holes, still redolent of dead snakes and halitosis. Quite amazing that some STILL think we are amused and they are hilarious by asininely referring to super-star, Casey Stoner as " moaner " - we aren't and you're not. Richard1967 made me laugh though with his initial comments about Spies & Stoner stalking a bow. Good one, R - don't ever apologise or resile from anything so much cleverer and mucherer betterer than shallow, cheap, shit-for-brains crap posted by the likes of the Zombies. Professional motorcycle racers are ultra-competitive animals of the ancient Alpha Male genus - classic hunter/warrior/risk-taker types. It would appear many posters, gulled by civilised appearance and persona, are totally unaware of this. In the right circumstances, nice guy Spies and mild-mannered Stoner would eat you alive! I read a story about the seemingly charming Troy Bayliss that would keep  behavioural pyschologists going for months. It involved a competition between mates, a beer can and much blood. Bayliss, with all his success, money and not having to prove anything to anyone was the victor. How come? Alpha Male in action again! Negative, ignorant comments about any form of " hunting " are misplaced, disturbingly vacuous and deeply presumtuous. Hunters are almost exclusively the " real " conservationists. But I guess that's what we get when today's people have become so ignorant, distanced & divorced from the reality of Wilderness and the natural World, they have to summon-up the temerity, cojones and sheer courage to pick-up and handle packaged meat from Tesco's or wherever. Never forget, as some infamous American once said - " a little pussy is fine, but big cats are dangerous!". Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices