Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies grateful for Casey Stoner advice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies grateful for Casey Stoner advice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies grateful for Casey Stoner advice

American Ben Spies reckons the help and advice he’s getting from the likes of former world champion Casey Stoner is proving a massive help in him adapting to the MotoGP world championship. The reigning World Superbike champion has been absorbing all the advice he can get as he tries to shorten the learning curve in MotoGP. Spies has been in regular debriefs...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 March 2010 11:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

travis73 - wears or wares?

Bow hunting aside, leastways Casey is willing to share his knowledge not only with his team mate but also outsiders, so obviously he isn't to bothered about the possibility they might one day use said knowledge to kick his ass.

travis73 said - 'Seriously Barbiegirl - Fcuk Off. You want to advertise you wears go and do it on an adult matchmaking site or some other crappy place.'

Nowhere have I mentioned what I wear or don't wear, but on the other hand, if you meant to use the word wares, a word that fits in neatly with the remainder of your posting, perhaps you'd care to explain exactly what you're alleging.

Barbiegirl Real Road Racing Blog Northern Ireland

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Motogp Numbers

Yeah when all said and done Motogp is desperate for competition . Ive had a few of the lads round to watch motogp now and then , theyre not even bikers for the most part and they reckon Motogp hasnt a patch on superbike and " why arent there more bikes?" was the common theme of the comments .I mention it just about every whining post but 17 bikes is shyte .Oh and Barbiegirl nowt wrong with your posts as far as I see , perhaps your femininity is annoying in this Alpha male forum :P

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Motogp??

Wears or wares?? - Who f@&king cares!!

Reply to this Topic
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

Who cares indeed

Who cares indeed, certainly not the illiterates.

Richard, I fear you're quite correct with your assumption regarding the Alpha male, sadly though, as the previous poster has kindly verified, they no not what you speak off. 

Nice to see MotoGp/WSB refugee Hopper living up to his reputation at Daytona. From 8th yesterday, he's managed to drop down the order to11th today. Amazingly, he appears not to have dropped it, thus far.

Reply to this Topic
caferace52

Mar 08

caferace52 says:

Standards

It does follow logic that the more literate a post is, the easier it would be to understand.  Yet if the post is unnecessarily trying to be too clever for it's own good, then the play in language is lost on the incompetents.  And if the standard for proper vocabulary and grammar is expected from one, then it should be expected from all.  Hence Barbiegirl, I'm sure it was just an oversight; but know, not no.  Or, we can simply accept the fact that this is an internet forum with people posting that run the gamut of social constructs and focus on the racing.  Oh, and meat's not murder; it's dinner.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Well said...

I do not care if you have 1st from Oxford in English.. I want to come on a motorcycle forum to read and discuss.. believe it or not motorcycling. I am sure there are other forums on the internet dedicated to issues regarding the use and abuse of the Queen's English, however I do not want to be part of them. So if you do not like the banter on here be it illiterate or not.. find another.. Motorbikes anyone?

Reply to this Topic
Barbiegirl

Feb 10

Barbiegirl says:

Female Superstar

There is a difference between banter and serious allegations, as has quite possibly been recently made, time will tell.

I'm here - get over it.

On the subject of bikes, congratulations to Jake Zemke on his Race One Daytona Superbike win. Hopkins entered the pits shortly after the race started with unknown problems.

Congratulations also to 16 year old Elena Myers who finished 7th in her debut race in the AMA SuperSport Race One At Daytona. Superstar of the future.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Spot on Mr Spies

"He’s not in it for the other stuff and he’s just about the business on the track and I’ve got a lot of respect for him.....It’s good to listen to somebody that is that fast.” Something I think that is over looked about Stoner... He likes to get on the track and do the business without all the 'jibber jabber' getting in the way......

Reply to this Topic
belize1981

Aug 09

belize1981 says:

Time Will Tell

Regardless of what people talk, time will tell!!!

But lets just hope that there is no jibber jabber if people don't win.  Now, that is not aimed at "Stoner" in anyway what so ever it is just a simple statement meaning that if you don't win shut up and try harder, or just shut up.  If you do win jibber jabber as much as you like, its entertaining.

I do, however, hope that hope that Stoner's lesons / advise do pay off so that there are more than 4 realistic winners but I won't be holding my breath.  I think that there are only three people who can win the Championship.

Barbiegirl - Just watched a clip of that Elana Myers, she might upset a few people in this alpha male environment. ;-)   Good luck to her.

Reply to this Topic
NicotineQueen

Mar 10

First time for everything..

Barbiegirl: 'On the subject of bikes..'

Seriously, toots. Letting the side down.

People don't take grammar lessons from someone whose forum avatar (on a motorcycle site) is a photo of her tits, and who can find no better comeback when this is pointed out than to discuss her juvenile assumptions about the intelligence of the people who (God forbid) come here for good-natured banter and chat.

Perhaps you're just confused about the sort of 'bikes' people are interested in :) Some humor on your own level, there.

If you can drop the attitude, people will more than likely be pleasant. If not.. enjoy your siteban.

- NQ

Sorry for the derail, folks.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices