Skip to content

Discuss This 100bhp limit threat General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 100bhp limit threat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

100bhp limit threat

Motorcycles could be subjected to 100bhp power limits under proposals to be set out by the European Commission this summer.      The Commission is expected to propose European-wide consistency on the issue, raising the prospect that countries will have to change in line with France, where a 100bhp limit is already in place.    The Department for Transport (DfT) has asked UK motorcycle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 March 2010 17:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

la la la

motorcycle news tabloid bullshit!!!!...........

Reply to this Topic
castle31

Jul 07

castle31 says:

Power Limit

Why do all these people have to keep sticking their noses where they are not wanted and do not belong. If it ain't broken don't fix it!!!  If any of you MEP's or any MP for that mater, we all know the risks involved so keep the f*%k out.

Reply to this Topic
bcroninuk

Mar 09

bcroninuk says:

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF European Commission!!! NO NO NO NO NO!

Reply to this Topic
brookehalliwell

Mar 10

Avin A Laugh

This EU and human rights shit need to be scrapped its just saddo do gooders creating jobs for for thick rubbish MP's etc with hair brain ideas and you know what most of us do is NOTHING about it like Mr Ash stated Quiet persussion hasnt worked. Fight for rights!

Reply to this Topic
Jarnicoton

Mar 10

Jarnicoton says:

100 bhp

Don't laugh, shout, make noise against that ! I'm french, 100 bhp exists, your insurance may not pay if your bike is not legal. Lot of bikes become of no use when they are limited to 100 bhp, because they haven't be built for this configuration. So, fight against it, and perhaps,it will be over in France .. So long

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Extremely perturbing

Read it again!

"....On the other hand, it emerged from dedicated studies that the link between engine power and increase of safety cannot be demonstrated."..... now the important bit...."Based on this, the Commission intends to propose an harmonisation of the EC legislation on that matter."

Don't know about you, but to me that reads 'the lowest common denominator (ie France) will apply europe wide'  -   all done under 'harmonisation' rather than new legislation  -  ie they'll impose it whether we like it or not, or if the various national governments like it / accept it or not.

Another prime example of beaurocrats circumventing due political / democratic process!

Or am I being too distrustful of the the EU...?

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

100bhp

I hope anyone moaning about this proposal is a MAG mamber. £25 per year to protect your rights against stupid lawws like tis, not to much to ask is it? 1% of motorcyclists are members, we need more. come on guys, safety in numbers or we will be destroyed by un elected beauracrats.

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Singled Out

If they want to limit the bikes to 100BHP, then they should do the same to the cars. If 100BHP is enough for us, then it's enough for everyone else. Why should Mr Ferrari be allowed to tear arse around the roads in his 400BHP car while we're castrated?

Just another case of our lot being picked on.

Reply to this Topic
MrButterscotch

Jul 09

Bring France in line with UK

Here's an idea - the EU force France to remove their 100BHP limit!

“This creates a situation where a motorcycle above 74 kW [100bhp] type-approved in one country is refused in another one. This type of situation is not in line with the spirit of the internal market." - agreed  - yes it does mean a bike is refused in another country.  However, if it's only France that has the ban, force them to lift it.  As there's no link between safety and engine speed, how can the commission make propose this?  Crazy.

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

bhp

this is deja ve for me,myself and freinds rode down to paris in early 90's for the same thing, a europrat called bangerman should have been called dangerman tryed to push the 100bhp through, we attended the euro demo which was supported by mag, in the end it was seen for the nonsense it was, i would urge any one who wants a voice to oppose these things which undermine motorcycling to join mag

ride happy ride free

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices