Skip to content

Products First test: Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > First test: Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

First test: Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact

Metzeler have a new Sportec M3 replacement, called the Sportec M5 Interact. Save £££s on motorcycle tyres Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves went along to its launch in Portimao to check it out. "The new Sportec M5 Interact is for sporty road riding, with the odd trackday thrown in for good measure. "It will go on anything from a humble Honda Hornet to a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 March 2010 10:58)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
clem1980

Dec 08

clem1980 says:

price

does any one know how much these are going to be for a set?

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Metzeler M's - great hoops ...

I wondered what Metzeler were going to do to top the Sportec M3 and when I saw early reports on the M5 Interact I couldn't wait for a credible road test with credible riders participating. Michael Neeves is a great guy, straight-talking, honest, very authoratitive and helpful. I know this from personal experience, writing to him and being assisted enormously when I had " flapping " probs on my Kwak 1200 back in 2005 that even Bridgestone were unable to help with or diagnose. It's a long, sad story and I know now what the problem was - the bike required a different build of BT 014 front that simply wasn't available for love or money in Oz!!! After corresponding with 'Neevesy, we went to Sportec M1's and the problem vanished. Stability and excellent steering guaranteed with Metz! I then settled for the past few years on the Metzeler Sportec M3 on all my bikes - stable, predictable grip, warm quickly and last very well - best of all - good feel & grip in the wet. Rain doesn't bother me, especially on open roads, but it certainly minimises one's margin for error in any wee misjudgement or evading morons in cars!This choice was proven a good one even in the cold and wet of a Brit Winter by Jamie Witham and Visordown magazine recently ( January 2010 ) as used on a Fireblade. We rarely get much rain here in QLD in Winter but frequent & sudden Summer electrical storms and Monsoon grade showers means it hoses down hard & heavy. Combined with surfaces that are oily, dirty & dusty from weeks of dry - its pretty tricky until the seal washes clean. Metzelers of course are pretty close relatives of Pirellis - being commonly-owned. I was willing to switch to the Rosso on my 1200 Kwak's last change but my tyre guy explained that 4 others had done the same and brought the Rosso's back - complaining of " twitchiness " at the dry limit and not providing the wet stability the M3 does? Go figure ... so I stayed put on the M3's. In my experience, the M3 works really well across a range of big, heavy bikes too - like my 07 Blackbird and 08 ZX14 ( ZZR14 in the UK ). Loose gravel roads never worried me after learning the art in NZ when growing into bikes - so my riding is varied and incorporates everything except pure off-road or 4WD tracks.The Metz has excelled in all conditions and on all surfaces, For this reason, 4 x sets of M5 Interacts will be fitted as soon as and when the M3's finally die.

Reply to this Topic
spenm

Aug 10

spenm says:

and the cost....

Local dealer to me is doing them for 255 a pair fitted. Seeing as I've just got a puncture I'm off there now!!

:-)

Reply to this Topic
spenm

Aug 10

spenm says:

and the cost....

£'s by the way!

Reply to this Topic
1batfink

May 08

1batfink says:

Cost = £220-£240

Reply to this Topic
garylyons101

Nov 11

garylyons101 says:

tyre distance

have had interacts m5 on the cbr 600rr for some time know, and they have lasted very well looks like i might get 15000ks out of them. i do alot of sport touring....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle